Curve Only Allow EEA/UK issued Visa Cards

It’s easy if you’re comfortable with using an ethereum wallet. You withdraw to that via a browser extension (metamask) then you can withdraw to an exchange. You lose money to fees along the way. The curve black perk was exactly what I was doing, but soon you’ll need to stack more of the PLU to get a perk (without paying a subscription that is)

1 Like

Yes, I was vaguely aware of that as I understood they were trying to change PLU reward value levels.

I’m a crypto novice really but opened a Plutus account to collect the card design as I liked how it looked. Since then I’ve kept it open and been curious about using it more, but haven’t yet. I got a fair amount of PLU (enough to stake for free Curve Black) as a referral opening benefit, but otherwise I haven’t experimented with the rewards.

I’m certainly open to using an Etherium wallet but haven’t done it before, so I’m not really sure how it works. Something to investigate, I think, as I can always cancel the Curve Black plan and downgrade again!

Thanks for the advice on how to get started.

I haven’t used Curve in months - even less likely to do so now. Even Currensea offers a better loading (0.5%)

1 Like

Good point.

The Cutrrensea loading could be regarded as fair, just for the convenience, but Curve is becoming less and less convenient along with more and more charges.

It really erodes the usefulness of the product and, as I said before, unless you are interested in Curve Metal (or, at a push, possibly Curve Black) it really doesn’t seem worth it any more.

Currensea offers a choice of two cards to back it - the same as Curve, in both cases the basic package.

1 Like

Currensea always charges 0.5%, Curve only charges that at the weekend.

1 Like

But it looks as if they will be charging a loading all the time on the free tier (unless I read the above wrong)

1 Like

I can’t see either Black or Premium being worth it.

The free card would be fine if you had a small number of cards or were using it as a travel card.

Metal adds quite a bit for little more than Black. Those extra 3 retailers at 1% are definitely useful for me. It being World Elite adds a bunch of things e.g. the 15% discount at Hertz and lots more included miles (not a specific Curve benefit). The free CDW saves a fair bit too. Those retailers pay the card for me so everything else is free.

Basically there’s effectively free and metal. There’s just no point in premium or black as far as I can see.

1 Like

Black is pretty good if you want the core Curve offering of “all your cards in one” (as they used to market themselves) and can justify the cost for the convenience alone.

Metal is worth it if you use all the extras.

Basically, I tend to agree with you which is why I think Curve Metal is now the plan that makes the most sense (if you actually intend to use Curve a lot, which makes it worth it) and Curve free is OK for a casual user. Curve Black is good only if you don’t need the extras but want to use Curve quite a lot.

1 Like

Found em on a forum (HfP). No communication with me directly yet.

1 Like

When you could use Plutus to cover it off as a Perk black was great as it was covered (subject to fluctuation risk which I could tolerate). I did used to love using curve to put certain expenses on a CC and shifting it over later so I didn’t miss out on cashback.

In Q4 to get free perks it looks like I’d need to either stack a certain amount (about £400 quids worth from the looks) or pay a £14.99 subscription to get two perks (this isn’t actually a terrible deal but before you got this for £4.99)

As a free user I can still give cards like Plutus contactless functionality, but removing the FX free on the basic plan does feel like a right two’s up. I do like using Curve for certain things like VPN set up subs though, as if they had a problem with me using it for that purpose I wouldn’t really care - whereas I use Revolut extensively now so that would be an inconvenience (even though I’ve not had an issue in the past)