How is a thief taking thousands from London gym-goers?

Google assistant just tells you to get it yourself but if I do it on the lock screen it immediately asks for your pin.

Hey Siri, Call 123456789 can make a call without need to unlock (enabled in settings). I don’t know about Google.

2 Likes

I enabled that setting and could phone when it was locked. I presume that is enabled by default as well.

Though with that enabled it would not let me view my texts and would not show me my date of birth. A lot of things are just blocked if the phone is locked.

1 Like

Ah, so it can! And no way to disable this without completely turning off Siri when locked. Seems like an omission by Apple this, especially when they do have a specific option to disable “Return Missed Calls” when locked.

Indeed. In the pre-smartphone era wasn’t there a spate of phone robberies which ended up with victims getting charged thousands for calling premium rate numbers?

Usually when people didn’t realise they had been stolen. And before they introduced caps. I remember someone losing their phone and when they realised - about 4 hours later - that it had gone, there’d been £250’s worth of calls made to Pakistan and India on it.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.