Interviews

Suit first
Shoes second
Shirt third (one that takes cufflinks)

Amazon’ll do…

I got a lot of my cufflinks from AliExpress.

Or Paul Smith.

Slight price difference though.

If you want quality, find a decent jewellers. Failing that, Next for Men, TK Maxx, Burton Menswear etc. I’ve got loads of cufflinks, seldom used these days though.

I’m interested to hear what folk here typically consider to suitable attire for interviews, particularly for men, as I feel their acceptable dress code is rather restrictive and limited of choice if you hope to succeed, typically in the form of suits, more specifically outfits that involve a lot of buttons.

I personally have deep rooted issues with buttons. I hate them. I will never wear anything that has them. Of all human inventions, buttons are without doubt the worst. Do men even have any buttonless options? Genuinely curious.

I’d say interview attire has dumbed down over recent years. A jacket and trousers with shirt and no tie are far more acceptable these days.

Having said that, I suspect some fintech-y interviewers might well not be phased by candidates turning up in jeans, trainers and t-shirt lugging a skate-board……:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Never thought about that, actually; I think the only Jewellers I’ve seen in my town is HM Samuel though

Or I think there’s a shop that does wedding rings opposite it, I recall seeing some other jewellery

Suit, tie (although not mandatory), trousers, smart shoes

I wouldn’t wear anything else if I didn’t work in a place beneath that kind of attire at the minute

1 Like

True, the tie is the least important accessory these days. And if you do, it’s a half-Windsor or not at all.

Seriously, don’t overthink it.

Me, with a bow tie: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

See, if you’re going to wear a shirt with buttons a tie would be mandatory in my opinion, if only for the simple fact it hides them! They’re so hideous to look at. :nauseated_face:

Well, if I’m wearing a shirt with buttons I’d hazard a guess that my tie doesn’t dangle down to my boxers

You and buttons. Is there a name for that? :thinking:

Apparently so: Koumpounophobia

1 Like

Never known someone with such a hatred of buttons!

I wore a suit for my last few interviews. My logic was/is - Would I rather be the only person who turned in a suit or the only person that didn’t?

2 Likes

One sounds like a benefit or a no-loss scenario while the other sounds like a death sentence: which is why I wore a smart shirt (although no tie) since my suit from 2016 doesn’t fit me anymore :cry:

Is it a hatred, @N26throwaway, or are you a little scared of them?

(Steven King, listen up :flushed:).

Found the solution!

Then wear a tie, no problem! Hopefully it’s double cuffed and then you only have to worry about your trousers, or if they have a button, just cut it off and go with a belt.

1 Like

Wait, there’s a zipper both at the top, and the bottom. How does this unzip?

Thanks, I hate it

Beats the buttons, but I think I’d rather just a long sleeve tee! Not keen on collars either!

I just find them absolutely repulsive. Vomit inducing if I have to look at them.

This topic was automatically closed after 180 days. New replies are no longer allowed.