Petrol/diesel prices

I previously lived just a few hundred yards from a motorway service station with one of those not so secret entry/exits. They are there primarily for emergency services and employees who live nearby and usually have some sort of barrier. The one near where I used to live, mostly left the barrier open allowing nearby residents to get onto the motorway a lot quicker than having to drive 2 miles down the road. I even had the code to one of the barriers and used to use it frequently to exit the motorway to save me the trouble of the extra mileage. Never did fill up at the fuel station there though, too expensive.

3 Likes

Frankley Services :thinking:

My thoughts exactly :joy:

They are frankly awful, pun intended!

Pun appropriate :grin:

1 Like

Didnā€™t even know where Franley Services was until I googled it.

Letā€™s just say, the services I used to live nearby, were oop North. There are literally dozens of motorway services with access roads to nearby housing, Watford Gap, used that a couple of times to get off the motorway and into the Northamptonshire countryside, with permission of course! Leicester Forest East, Tibshelf, Newport Pagnell, loads of them. I used to drop a former work colleague off at Newport Pagnell Northbound every week, heā€™d just walk over the bridge to the Southbound services and cut through onto the housing estate right next to it.

This topic was automatically closed after 179 days. New replies are no longer allowed.