Sainsbury's Bank

Even if they don’t, Sainsbury’s themselves believe that is reasonable, so that’s the minimum I’ll walk away with.

I didn’t miss work but I did have to sit on a phone for the best part of 10 hours (closer towards the ten than the 5, I believe).

Chargeback hasn’t been contested as of yet. They have until 22nd October.

S75 is legally binding but with chargeback (this doesn’t apply) the bank has discretion whether or not to proceed . This therefore becomes a simple customer service complaint and being a third party, your parents’ stress is not likely deemed the the responsibility of Sainsburys Bank .

Strictly speaking the Ombudsman can reduce and increase the compensation as they see fit.

Huh? My stress definitely would be and my relationship strain with my mother as a result of their inadequacy should be.

Never once have I mentioned the stress of either parent.

Your parents haven’t signed a contract with them and it’s hardly their fault that you’ve transacted on behalf of a third party.

Good luck anyway.

1 Like

As an update: LoveHolidays rejected the chargeback due to it being out of time.

Sainsbury’s actually told me that emailing them with a demand for a refund would renew the time, but have now informed me that it’s not the case (I’m not even surprised anymore). They’re unable to challenge LoveHoliday’s further as MC scheme won’t cover it.

FoS has yet to review or even pick up the case, so for now I will be paying the balance to avoid negative credit markers, but I will be aiming to get the money from Sainsbury’s on the grounds that their customer service is trash and directly caused this to be a de facto rejection.

Now that I mention it, I need to update the FoS case, to include this new information.

The only other option should this fail would be to take Sainsbury’s or LoveHolidays to Small Claims Court.

Sainsbury’s bank Nectar credit card finally gets Apple pay support. Lack of Apple pay support was a huge turn off for me.

2 Likes

Thank the lord because this was very needed

As if the earning rate on Sainsbury’s credit cards wasn’t already awful enough:
Sainsbury’s Bank to slash Nectar points earned on credit card spending - here’s what’s happening (moneysavingexpert.com)

Guess I’ll be closing my card and moving to the Waitrose one. Would be nice if Ocado could move into it though honestly.

Sainsbury’s value on Nectar is tanking. Clubcard isn’t much better.

But at least Ocado/Waitrose don’t try sell massive value (unlike the former two)

Not going to happen. The Ocado delivery service is jointly owned by Ocado and M&S.

Waitrose have nothing to do with them anymore.

I meant along the lines of Waitrose / Ocado launching a loyalty scheme, although it’s a pickle it seems I now have to boycott Ocado by extension of M&S

So the Sainsbury’s credit card will now earn you the equivalent of 0.25% “cashback” in Nectar points when shopping at their stores.

I might as well go back to using my Amex 0.5% cashback for my groceries from November 1st.

3 Likes

That’s right, pretty derisory in my opinion

Barclaycard Avios will pay 1 Avios (==1.6 Nectar) per £ anywhere
Amex Nectar will pay 2 Nectar per £ anywhere (except Costco, where it’s 1 pt per £; £25 annual fee after first year)
Natwest/RBS Reward will pay 1% back at all supermarkets (fee waived if you hold a Reward current account)

Worth noting that Sainsburys themselves pay 3% cashback via Spree/Ode and offer 3-5% discounts on their own egift cards via employee perk type portals - that might be another option. (Also demonstrates how much they are stiffing those who choose to use their own payment card!)

1 Like

Yes, the Avios route is better. I’ve just been turned down for another Amex card (good credit history, etc. etc. but it appears they just don’t want my custom), but I’m able to switch my Barclaycard Rewards for a Barclaycard Avios in the app, which I might do.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Reactions?

Even moderate spenders can make a killing with eg a Medicash cash policy that comes with Perksatwork. Discounts at Tesco, Waitrose, Decathlon etc as well

Off topic, I know, but it appears we can now only “like” posts rather than using other reactions. Was this an intentional change?

@Mathew is checking this out for us. :blush:

2 Likes

Not sure what happened, but they’re back! :smiley:

Thanks for looking into it, @Mathew :slight_smile:

1 Like