What is wrong with people?

Tesco, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons all only serving blue light vehicles near me tonight. I overheard a conversation with the car ahead of me and they were turning down NHS badge holders. Sunday night admittedly could be the nadir, but it is nuts nonetheless

Went to our local Tesco earlier (admittedly after the store had closed)
Fully automated petrol station (pay at pump only)
No diesel, but plenty of unleaded, and no queues.
That’s me with a full tank. Good job really as I’m on late shifts all next week and have to use the car to get to and from work.

I did this, but they were only doing blue light vehicles

:joy:

Hang on, so you spent an hour queuing for petrol you didn’t need and then don’t have 10 sec to check the label? :man_facepalming:

Probably more like they had waited an hour so thought they’d put in anything, just so it hadn’t all been a waste of time :man_facepalming: :rofl:

2 Likes

Harsh criticism coming up, but all of those people who are misfuelling in this current climate, deserve everything they get resulting from damage to their vehicle engines. There’s no excuse for it to be honest, it mostly comes down to total incompetence on the part of the person fuelling. I have no sympathy.

And to cap it all, I had a conversation with someone yesterday that just left me facepalming. They were moaning about the queues etc. I asked the person concerned if they actually really needed to fill up and the answer I got was ‘No, not really’. So I ask why they are doing it to which came the reply, ‘Well everyone else is doing it and even though I know there isn’t a fuel shortage, I’m just scared that I will run out of fuel if what the news says is true about there being no truck drivers’.

I said to the person, “You know you are part of the problem here don’t you? It’s people like you that are causing total chaos and effectively dropping this country in the shit?” The answer? “I know, but I can’t help it, it’s completely because everyone else is doing it!”

I give up if I’m honest. If people are that dumb, then we’re all bloody doomed. I saw it for myself last night when I passed a Morrisons supermarket fuel station. It was utter pandemonium. Fuel marshals out, people shouting, etc. Something is going badly wrong in society if you ask me.

1 Like

Didn’t Michael Douglas make a film……?

I’m watching this thread with trepidation……:flushed:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 180 days. New replies are no longer allowed.