Why do Monzo Close Accounts?

Ah got to love threads that’ll go nowhere. It’s not exclusive to Monzo and other than a thread full of speculation. They’ll never be an confirmed answer why… Muted

1 Like

It’s most of the same people, recreating all the same topics until next week when everyone goes back.

2 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/monzo/comments/ngzgjl/they_couldnt_care_less/

Best line in there:

“Ok but they absolutely did pick my account out of a hat”

You know you don’t have to post anything here if we’re all that bad. No idea who the other @anon98763397 is but they seem way less angry, you should probably see someone about that :joy:

1 Like

And now it’s back in my brain :see_no_evil: :joy:

3 Likes

I plan on sticking around when the Monzo community opens if this place continues to grow. However I can see each of the communities mirroring each other with the same topics and stuff.

It will be nice to get different peoples perspectives on stuff and I’ve missed some of the people that left Monzo community for whatever reason(s).

2 Likes

Morning all

Great to see discussions taking place on the forum, and hopefully the community will grow.

Absolutely no harm in a friendly debate, but this isn’t a place for Monzo bashing. Just bear that in mind :wink:

2 Likes

What’s wrong with this? Why should someone expect this to lead to account closure?

I’m not angry at all! :rofl:

But I meant you’re going to have the same topics when it’s the same people discussing the same things.

Add in thinking people can get away with bitching about Monzo more, it was only going to go one way.

The imposter is boring, that’s why he had to pretend to be someone with a personality. He’s magnolia in a forum profile.

1 Like

I don’t think it did. Baddog just misremembered.

He got scammed, Monzo wouldn’t refund him the full amount (I think) and then said he’d do it again :man_shrugging:t3:

It just raises loads of red flags.

• If I remember correctly they asked for vouchers as refunds on stuff and then sold the vouchers. Why not just get the money?
  • Why withdraw to Monzo to then transfer straight out and not directly into the bank you want it to go into.
  • This was also the sole purpose of their account too. Their feed was full of paypal deposits and then immediate transfers out.

Those are just off the top of my head but if I was a bank I’d question whether it was worthwhile having this person as a customer.

Sorry I meant their Monzo transaction feed.

They used their Monzo account for nothing else other than an intermediary between Paypal and their main bank account for some reason.

Indeed. But we are told that whether a customer is worthwhile or not isn’t a problem.

If there’s suspicion of criminality or running a business, then fair enough. But we were also told by a Monzo employee on the Monzo forum that side hustles were permissible on personal accounts, and buying and selling on eBay in and of itself isn’t necessarily a business.

Also, nice to see you here :+1:

2 Likes

That comment made my morning :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: