Ziglu acquired by Robinhood

As far as I’m aware you can’t transfer crypto between Ziglu and non-Ziglu accounts/wallets. I think this is a big turn off for people who already have crypto elsewhere.

It’s the reason I’ve never bothered trying Ziglu.

2 Likes

Has anyone ever used Plutus? It has a bonus to sign up & I was considering it.

I got it when all I had was MasterCard neobanks and this was a Visa card. It’s slightly fiddly inasmuch as you are effectively given 2 accounts, one to transfer money into, and then you need to transfer money onto the card.

I haven’t generated or used the PLU Pluton crypto on the card yet.

Yeah I have an account with Tap - which I signed up to for £5 (let me know if interested lol…) and it’s the same. You have to top up the card in euros - their website implies you can spend in crypto (with a tap…aka convert and add to card…)

1 Like

Mine is purely in Sterling - though, to be fair, I’ve not tried adding any Euros to it. Logging in is a faff as well, as you need to download the Authy app.

What can you do with this PLU cashback when you get it?

I believe you can swap it for “fiat” (god, I hate that word) currency

Why do you hate the word fiat? It just means by official authorisation / decree

I always thought it meant fix it again tomorrow…

It’s got this snobby “crypto is better than hard currency” aspect to it.

Nothing at the minute until the UK DEX is back up and going. Looks like Q3ish for that.

1 Like

Great rewards system, less fussy than CDC but awful card and account management. 2FA card payment authorisations are particularly bad.

Haha, I couldn’t agree more.

Makes me think of “fiat lux”, though I may be the only one :joy:. Turning a jussive subjunctive into a noun is just crazy and weird

1 Like

The English synth pop band? It makes me think of the Fiat 500.

The band is Fiat Lux - the capitalisation is very upsetting too!

It has that because you’ve ascribed it, to everyone else it’s just a distinction that needs to be drawn now digital currencies are more prevalent

Zeux! Just remembered. They disappeared without trace. Started out partnering with Coinbase, but didn’t last long

Ziglu is dropping bitcoin boost interest to 2% in a fortnight. They’re selling it as a change in line with the market, but smells more like nervousness about the coin.