Ziglu

Would be in my draw, I believe

I have one, have about £60 in it - about £40 in Crypto. Fintech forums are not (yet) full of “ZIGLU STOLE ALL MY MONEY” threads, so I assume they are not as handy on the account closure/suspension button as the competition.

I’ve just opened an account, using a referral from someone here (I’ll leave it as a surprise!)

1 Like

It’s one of the few firms to have already registered with the FCA for cryptoasset activities, so that’s a plus

https://register.fca.org.uk/s/search?predefined=CA

2 Likes

Can you transfer crypto to/from other wallets and exchanges or is it locked into the Ziglu platform/app like it is (or used to be) with Revolut?

If you can transfer does it include ability to transfer TGBP?

Everything is locked in. You need to convert back into real GBP to move anything out - and then only to a linked account

3 Likes

No TGBP AFAIK

Which is a shame, I really like TGBP

1 Like

I have one of those!

I like having something at the bottom as well, it helps balance out the card.

Ziglu are allowing commision free exchanges today for their ‘birthday’

1 Like

Price alerts and charts have arrived…

Its not a bad little app on the side if you’re a dabbler - cheaper than picking up crypto on Revolut even as a premium user

1 Like

A “Euro account” has just arrived, but it’s an “account” in name only. All you can do is convert GBP to a EUR balance, which is then spent first when paying in euros. It looks like you can send EUR to other Ziglu customers, but that’s it. As your GBP balance is converted automatically when you pay in EUR, the only benefit seems to be locking in a given rate.

Not exactly a multicurrency account just yet then…

Can you top up in euros direct to the IBAN, or would that result in a “double conversion” into pounds and back again?

They don’t even give you an IBAN - and no, you can’t do any transfers in or out in EUR

That’s a shame, but it’s probably something they will add.

As you say, the Euro account is pretty pointless otherwise.

The setup seems to be pretty fixed with the only external interface being the GBP account.

So

Transfer into GBP account
GBP account <> everything else
Transfer out from GBP account

They’re quite coy about whether the sterling to euro rate and vv is the unadorned MC rate, though someone who has been through the Ts and Cs may know different.

You need to update the app to get the interface that allows you to swap the currency.

1 Like

I wouldn’t rely on it. They are probably going for the holiday payment cards market rather than a Euro current account.

Yeah, from their bumpf, my thought is that it isn’t. “market-leading” is not “mid-market”…

This topic was automatically closed after 180 days. New replies are no longer allowed.