Airtime Rewards

Oh right.

This is what they told me:

Thanks for getting in touch. We’re not able to track transactions made via Curve, unfortunately. You can use Apple Pay and Google Pay at some of our partnered retailers, we kindly ask that you double check a specific retailer supports this payment method before making a purchase to avoid any disappointment.

And when I reiterated that Chase was only through Curve for Google Pay, they said:

If your Chase card is registered via this payment method then we won’t be able to track your transactions, unfortunately. We appreciate your feedback and will pass this over to our team.

Let’s see if today’s transactions do indeed track then.

How long before your transactions appeared in your AR feed ?

What I did is register my Curve card. I have been using Curve before and transactions track. 10+ days. Same waiting times for other cards.
So the Curve card itself is tracked no matter the underlying card. All these were through Curve. It was my only card on Airtime Rewards before I added Chase

Of course :man_facepalming:

Followed your advice and mine has tracked now too.

Thanks again :+1:

1 Like

Just received an email from Airtime Rewards, informing me that I have been specially selected for an offer of 5% airtime rewards for purchases from Tesco, a store I rarely use :man_facepalming:

Added to that, the card used at Tesco, for the purpose of the reward, must be VISA

My Chase card, and Curve card, are both Mastercard.

I do have VISA cards, though not registered with Airtime Rewards atm.

Also, still waiting for them to support my network, so I don’t have to keep gifting my rewards to family :rofl:

That’s likely to be why you’ve been specially selected; in order to encourage you to use them more. They’ll want to show Tesco that they can drive customers to the door.

I haven’t received the email, and I use Tesco regularly. I was specially selected for a Morrisons offer recently, though.

1 Like

And that is a store I use way more than Tesco as it is my closest supermarket!

Currently have a 5% cashback offer with Amex for Morrisons, with a £30 qualifying spend, however, I never spend that much in Morrisons’ either :joy: Previously, I bought Amazon Gift Cards to get the cashback, but have way too much in my Amazon Gift Balance atm to justify topping up with more.

Aldi shopper, me :smile:

1 Like

I like airtime rewards for helping stack up the cashback.
I recently made a purchase at Argos and got 5% from Curve rewards, 2% from Airtime rewards, 3% from Top cash back and 0.5% from Lloyds cashback card. :wink:

2 Likes

If you have £20 in rewards, you can transfer the balance to one of your cards…

You can also buy gift cards in the app on which you earn 4% of Airtime Rewards. Useful for those retailers that don’t support Airtime Rewards natively. Also useful if you need a purchase or two of £5 to complete the monthly opt-in “challenges”.

2 Likes

OMFG!!

I wish they’d have let me know that!

How, please, as I cannot find that avenue on my Android app. It just gives and option to send money to another member via their phone number :person_shrugging:

The Redeem option under the Rewards tab:

I have my telephone registered as a Voxi one - so you can try that if it doesn’t show.

Thanks, but still no option.

Cannot see Voxi anywhere in app either.

Thanks, I hadn’t seen that before, definitely looks like it could be useful.

Not any more :rage:

They have obviously sussed how people were actually making money on their app and have today slashed them by 50%.

I think it was today because yesterday I got a Morrisons Gift Card and am sure it was still 4% then.

I don’t think it’s a conspiracy to stop people “making money”, it’s just a straightforward attempt make more and or lose less themselves. Business, in other words.

Morrisons giftcards sell for a 3% discount on Perks at Work (without any employer subsidy). My Sodexo Employee Discount portal has them for 5%, which might include some sort of subsidisation.

On the strength of that, dropping from 4% to 2% rebate probably takes Airtime Rewards from losing a little or breaking even (compared to a credit payout) to consistently earning a very modest commission.

It’s not an awful deal, although of course those of us in the know would always take the credit and make more than that with the cash we save on our mobile bills.

If our network provider was included, definitely.

Where does one find the gift card section?

Cheers

Tab More… at the bottom right of the app (android)

Want to earn more…

And there they are :smile: