Amazon UK no longer accepting Visa credit cards

Thanks…. But at least you know they’re that :pensive:

1 Like

No surprise really, they are no longer banning Visa credit cards:

It’s so strange they always refer to Eurocard even now - hasn’t it been defunct for 20 years!

@Seb Maybe it’s because of this?:

the use of Eurocard as a brand for MasterCard credit cards is limited to Scandinavian countries and the Baltic countries

2 Likes

Hmm, interesting.

I haven’t heard of it for a while, but I was previously under the impression that anywhere not using Debit Mastercard or Visa Debit used either V-Pay/Visa Electron or Maestro, these days?

It also seems pretty irrelevant to mention on the U.K. website, anyway!

It seems the Amazon card is reaching end of life.

1 Like

I have one of these and the card replacing it will give 0.25% cashback so I suppose I’d be better with AMEX :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

Aww no way, I literally only just started using mine 2 weeks ago. (My plan was just to use it for Amazon purchases for the points, as it doesn’t support Apple Pay). Back to Amex then I suppose.

3 Likes

Am surprised it doesn’t support Apple Pay as New Day support it on their other brands.

I would, however, like to thank Amazon/New Day for the free Amazon vouchers I got when I applied for my (unused) Amazon MasterCard when they threatened to dump Visa Cards.

Presumably a contractual thing, as Amazon themselves do not support Apple or Google Pay at all for payment.