AMEX Offers

The thing that really irritates me apart from the random inappropriate offers, is the functionality to freeze Amex cards in their app.

It’s limited to only 7 days at a time and they don’t inform you when this period expires. Instead, they send you an email 5 days before…

There used to be the situation that more offers were available on the website than on the mobile app, inferring that there may have been a limit on the number visible in the app, which if true would lead to the impression that activating offers caused more to appear. However, of late, I believe all offers are visible on both at the same time.

Has anybody tried the BP offer - £10 credit when spending at least £50 at participating stations?

I saved the offer to my card and filled up (£56) on the 9th August but haven’t received the credit yet. It was a participating station.

The offer is still showing up in my saved offers as available.

I have not used the BP offer, however, if you contact AmEx all they will do is refer you to the Terms and Conditions, that sometimes say up to 90 days.

Longest I have ever waited for an offer credit to appear is about 15 days.

My latest AmEx offer credit (ATG) appeared in feed inside three days.

Go figure :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Thanks - I’m just being impatient because I want to switch my Amex to the BA Avios one :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Amex statement offers in general have become something of a minefield; they used to post so reliably - notification immediately on authorisation then credit after the transaction posted. Seems totally random now - occasionally they work straight away, more often they show up a month or two later… very annoying when you’re waiting to close the card down (although I suppose that wouldn’t be a customer complaint they’d prioritise particularly highly…!).

1 Like

I’ve only used one offer but got a notification straight away that I’d used it and then about three days later it was showing on my account.

The PayPal offer is a load of crap. Trying to pay for something through PayPal and Amex and my Amex card won’t show at the check out, but shows in my saved payments methods

Merchants can ask PayPal to not accept Amex - most don’t because the cost to them is no different but some do still.

1 Like

The annoying thing is this merchant (Ryanair) do accept Amex. But no through PayPal. Seems a very strange omission.

I can only presume it’s a hangover from the days when they would surcharge to use it directly.

2 Likes

Finally received the £10 credit after 12 days. I didn’t get an email saying that I’d used the offer, though.