Barclaycard Avios cards and Apple Pay

Last week I replaced my Barclaycard Rewards Visa for the Avios Plus Mastercard. Soon after the upgrade was processed my Rewards card was disabled in Apple wallet (before the replacement Mastercard arrived). But once the new card arrived frustratingly I could not add it to Apple Wallet. So I reached out to the Barclaycard in-app support team today and received the following good news:

2 Likes

Very good news, if it didn’t have Apple Pay it would be straight in the bin for me

They still refuse to support Google Pay, which immediately renders them useless for me.

1 Like

True to their word, Avios Mastercards can now be added to Apple Pay wallet.

1 Like

Use mine through Curve, for smaller payments.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, what’s the squiggly card at the top

3 Likes

This one’s piqued my curiosity too!

1 Like

Tymit innit.

3 Likes

Yep - it’s Tymit. And it’s at the back of the deck for a reason. ‘Nuff said.

2 Likes

I thought it was that!

They really should put Tymit along the top of the digital version of the design in Walllet, though, so you can see what the card is easily.

Curve did this with their last card design, for example, which worked quite well.

1 Like

I couldn’t name a card I have that doesn’t do this, to be honest

Especially not one I use !

1 Like

How do you get your railcard in apple wallet?

Probably one of the apps that lets you add any barcode to Wallet

1 Like

Exactly this, I’ve been asked to actually bring the railcard itself with photo up once or twice though, be warned

2 Likes

Never heard of this, will have a look.

Cheers, will have a look.

1 Like

Just as easy to have the railcard app handy - 2 taps….:relaxed:

1 Like

Yes but I’d much rather open my Trainline bought ticket through the Apple Wallet (via time prompt as it is supported) then directly swipe to my railcard vs having to open my phone, find the Trainline app and then open my ticket within that, then tap to my railcard lol

2 Likes