Barclaycard Contactless Mobile

That’s the link, promoting the service :person_shrugging:

but it leads to this . . .

I only use it through Google Pay, via Curve, anyway.

1 Like

Hopefully this means they’ll have Google Pay support in place within the next month or two.

Their Twitter account is saying its coming soon.

Their debit cards do now, so shouldn’t be far behind.

Recently acquired a Barclaycard Rewards card for travel and didn’t even check that it was Google Wallet enabled.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Yeah it’s one of my range of travel cards too.

Not that I travel outside of UK much :man_shrugging::rofl:

They seem to have removed the bit about it closing? :confused:

1 Like

Yeah, I get the page with no mention of closing. Maybe someone jumped the gun?

1 Like

Glad I screenshot it now so people don’t think I’m :exploding_head::crazy_face:

:joy:

It would make sense to announce Google Pay at the same time, so maybe they decided to wait for that.

It’s back.

Added yesterday, allegedly.

1 Like

Just short note to say that I’ve been able to add my Barclaycard Rewards to Google Pay.

I know what some people have been able to add legacy cards such as Cashback and Hilton for a few weeks; they seem to have quietly expanded the range without any formal comms.

Cheers.

Tried this last Sunday without success.

After seeing your post, I have just tried again, and successfully added my Barclaycard Rewards to my Google Wallet.

Will test out contactless element later.

:+1:

The Hilton Barclaycard started working with Google Wallet about a month ago. Still can’t add my Avios Mastercard though.

Thanks, I’ve just successfully added mine now…

My dear chap, welcome :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ve been here a while just never really had a reason to say anything till now.

I hope you’ve been well! :wave:t3::smiley:

4 Likes

Welcome aboard.

3 Likes

Reminder that when Barclays added Google Pay support for their debit cards, they ran a decent cashback promo some months later (which excluded anybody who’d already added the cards via Google Pay!).

Noted, but the convenience of using it now, instead of waiting for the unknown, has encouraged me to add, and use it, via Google Pay already.

After closing my Curve account, there was no other way for me to use my card other than carry it physically with me. One less card to carry again now :smile:

2 Likes

I personally ditched Curve ages ago so had to use the physical card last time overseas when Google Pay would have been more convient.

Will now just store the card as a backup for ATMs incase Chase goes t*ts up.

1 Like