Barclays Notifications

Does anyone know how Barclays App notifications work compared to Starling Bank, particularly for Joint Account debit card spend? Do both parties see everything spent on debit cards immediately?

Barclays notifications should work similarly to Starling, but in reality they are far more unreliable and you do fairly often get delayed notifications.

You would probably be disappointed if expecting a Starling-like experience.

Only legacy back I’ve seen come close to starlings notifications is HSBC

1 Like

I agree with you!

HSBC send notifications for everything and it’s almost always truly instant.

Barclays make a good effort but are not quite as reliable and can be delayed. There are also some types of transactions they don’t notify you about.

Lloyd’s are often very delayed (like telling you about an overnight direct debit in the late afternoon) and sometimes they fail to notify you at all.

First Direct, Co-operative Bank and Smile are the worst though, as they don’t send transaction notifications for anything at all!

3 Likes

Surprising how un-reliable these are. Compared to even Natwest and others.

I get them if I spend on card, they seem to be instant. I sometimes get them transferring money from Saving to spending etc.

But then I also get emails to notify me DD’s have been setup not as a notification, whereas with Natwest and Monzo that’s how they do it.

I really wish they would be at least consistent.

1 Like

Has anyone managed to get push notifications for Barclaycard? The support rep gave me a typical copy and paste answer saying they work if enabled but I’ve never got them from the Barclaycard app.

No, because they don’t exist yet :slightly_smiling_face:

Ah. I thought that was probably the case, but the support chat rep was trying to tell me they were!

Thanks for confirming.

Barclays notifications are quite bad.
To be honest I prefer 100times my Chase app.Chase is planning to open joints accounts soon. They have great notifications :mega:. They let you know of next payments the day before and send you a reminder same day before 2pm if you don’t have enough money into the account.
Barclays is quite a mess with notifications and normally their payments icons are completely wrong and duplicated. Such a mess, I will jump to Chase bank :100: as soon as they open the new Joint accounts.

1 Like