Best 'Fintech' Credit Card

As I say, I’m not fussed at all. At the end of the day, I’ll wait, probably until next year some time before applying for another long interest free card. I need to get some time in at our new address. I might even bother myself to find some work :laughing: just to show I have enough disposable income.

2 Likes

So as I mentioned in another thread somewhere and as a follow on to this, I did get a M&S credit card on 23 months interest free on purchases. The card/account however, is ‘fintech’ in a very loose definition of the word. I will admit that the oS app has significantly improved since I last held a credit card account with M&S some time ago.Yes, I can see my statement through the App as I’ve just received my first e-statement. Purchases do register almost instantaneously, but annoyingly, it still can take days for the transaction to appear in the transaction list. I can however pay my statement directly through the app, which to be fair, is really quite convenient but it doesn’t save my debit card details because I’ve tried that as I’ve made two separate balance payments in the last 3 days. The credit payments from me paid via my debit card are appearing with 24 hours, so that’s not too bad I suppose, but nothing like AMEX whom when you pay, the payment reaches them within seconds and is reflected on your balance literally within minutes.

My biggest annoyance though with M&S, it that they gave me a really low credit limit of £1k which I find a bit crap if I’m honest, especially as my other credit cards all have 10k plus limits on them. Let’s hope they are ‘kind’ to me and raise my credit limit because I do like having a bit of a spend!

1 Like

It sounds like other HSBC brands then.

Their credit card platform isn’t the best, as only available credit updates relatively quickly: transactions always take a while to show.

Despite not showing Faster Payments immediately, apparently they do apply them to your account almost instantly as long as the payment is received before 8pm (the cut-off time) so that would affect interest. It’s just that visibility over the process is poor, presumably because the support for Faster Payments is a kludge on an old system and the transaction ledger is only fully updated once a day.

Yes, well thankfully, I’m an instant payer when the credit card statement comes in so I never get any charges anyway, plus it’s interest free purchasing so again, I don’t ever stump up any charges.

All this reminds me, that despite an extremely healthy credit limit on my Lloyds Platinum card, I may as well go and cancel it because I’ll probably never use it again. I am MSE’s perfect ditch and switch player on credit cards.

2 Likes