Can I hide the nav bar on mobile?

Can I turn this off at the bottom of the page :thinking: it’s driving me mad already :face_vomiting::sweat_smile:

I do agree, ideally an option to remove it or customise it would be great.

I’ve made a few changes to make it a bit more useful (hopefully). I’ve asked the question to see if it can be hidden on an individual basis, but I couldn’t find anything.

Will let you know what I find out

4 Likes

I quite like it

Maybe depends on the size of your phone screen. I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max so I don’t find it get’s in the way too much

2 Likes

I have a huge screen, I just hate having anything I don’t need on display. Yeah it doesn’t take up much room at all, but I can feel it looking at me.

That’s what all men say

Trust me, it’s not true :wink:

4 Likes

I find I keep hitting back when I mean to press home :frowning:

1 Like

I like it find it very useful on discourse as different to other discourse forums.

2 Likes

I like the nav bar, though the buttons have changed :man_shrugging::joy:

2 Likes

I don’t have the nav bar, but I’m on desktop view, not mobile view.

1 Like

Yeah, it appears on the app version.

Reminds me of my Starling bar, but same colour as theme :joy:

This is better, thank you- easier to get back to latest posts!

2 Likes

Not sure about Android as I have an iPhone but adding this website to your Home Screen basically makes it look and behave like a web app and makes the Mac bar less intrusive

2 Likes

On mobile I access the forum via the DiscourseHub app.

Every other forum uses the following navigation bar. To get back to the main page of DiscourseHub (the screen which lists all your forums) you tap the downward pointing arrow on the right had side.

The Fintechforum navigation bar blocks this bar and as far as I can tell doesn’t provide an alternative way of getting back to the main DiscourseHub main page. As far as I can tell, the only way back is to kill and relaunch the DiscourseHub app.

2 Likes

This is literally the one thing that is frustrating me right now :sweat_smile:

Ok, so I’ve just added a way to turn this off.

If you go to your avatar, and go to Preferences, you can change the theme in the Interface section

8 Likes

I’m not sure what happened, as when the site first launched then both bars seemed to be compatible with each other.

Scrolling always dismisses the DiscourseHub bar, and at that stage the nav bar would show instead. The rest of the time, you would have the DiscourseHub bar covering up the nav bar.

It worked fine, until recently, when something changed and the nav bar then took to “overriding” the DiscourseHub bar?

I like the navbar, far far worse is the two pinned topics taking up half the screen.

1 Like

Yeah I noticed that too

But the solution of an option to completely disable the Fintech Forum bar is fine with me. Thanks @Mathew

1 Like

If you go to the bottom of the thread itself, you can unpin it:

Or reading the thread will automatically unpin it

2 Likes