Chancellor of the Excheqeur and Health Secretary Quit Govt

To be honest if that’s the thing you jump to when critiquing Boris, instead of him being voice recorded trying to solicit a beating of a journalist and several other things; you have no real valid opinion of his premiership or the validity of it

It’s a scapegoat issue by labour and the political opponents he has: in reality, even if fined, that is the punishment

Parliament, should they have thought it was of massive importance, could have put custodial sentences on the table for covid breaches.

Too late, my opinion (as a member of the Conservative Party) is that we lose the next election; it’s a global phenomenon: global problems will influence our politics because Boris and Sunak didn’t have a magic wand to wave

Meanwhile the majority of (uneducated) voters, will not accept that the British State can’t mobilise sufficient assets to completely avert the cost of living crisis

I am going to mute this thread before I get terribly angry!

1 Like

It’s important to me because I wasn’t able to go and see my dad until he was dying in hospital, and we were all being told to stay away and we’re not allowed to meet others, except it was okay for Boris and his crew! It’s about what’s right and wrong and trust. He’s not trustworthy…
Your lack of empathy is truly outstanding. Well done.

My opinion (as an implacable opponent of the Conservative Party) is that with an honest leader you have plenty of time to turn around your fortunes and win the next election.

I hope you are right, and I’m wrong, though.

1 Like

You’re presuming that people voted for him/for the conservatives because they actually wanted them in government.

I think it was more of a vote to keep Jeremy Corbyn out than it was to get Bojo in.

1 Like

I don’t disagree, Corbyn fence sat way too much and should have never been Labour leader to begin with. Needed someone like Sir Starmer back then to have a chance.

The problem with Labour recently imo that Boris realised is that Labour has always been selling the “this is why the Tory’s are bad” instead of selling their vision for the United Kingdom; if I were in the position of leader there I would be standing on things without mentioning the Tory’s

Let’s:
Increase police funding and provide legislation for random stop/searches to reduce knife crime, paired with tougher sentencing and vast reform and reintegration programs
Nationalise the railways and energy infrastructure and provide at-cost services for our public
Nationalise local transport and implement a U.K. wide scheme sold at-cost
Nationalise the cables underneath our feet and the mobile towers, providing a truly level playing field for competition
Launch Treasury-backed local government investment schemes so local authorities have a chance of attracting industry that only London currently can
Ensure our universities remain world class and introduce truly free speech within our nation

Grow our economy and lower the cost of living for our people ! Tech is deflationary, the treasury should be looking at vertical farming investments and lab grown meat ! A portion of our tax should also be used to establish a sovereign wealth fund

:joy: It’s his forcing of a 2nd referendum into the picture which lost Labour the north

You’ve only just noticed?

I am joining you.

And I posted the letters! :man_facepalming:

It’s not for anyone here to judge the validity of another’s opinion here. Fine to suggest alternative viewpoints though.

Let’s park this thread for tonight, shall we?

4 Likes