Chase UK Discussion

There’s a few of them registered but all say N.A so might not be what we’re looking for just found it interesting

Interesting, but I suppose NA means North America.

We should probably keep an eye out for any which don’t say NA!

1 Like

Found this.

national banking association

JPMCB means JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., a national banking association, in its individual capacity, and its successors.

R-

2 Likes
3 Likes

I wonder if this is a hint that the Chase current account will use Visa Debit cards rather than Mastercard?

Is this not a US product?

2 Likes

I’d love it to be Visa - just because I keep thinking I should carry a Visa card with me as well as my MasterCard collection :rofl:

2 Likes

Does anyone have a sense of the impact either way?

Does it matter?

If we assume Chase’s product is going to attempt to rival the features and experience of the neonanks, I think it matters a lot, as they’ll be the first licenced bank for folk who like these banks that use Visa. That makes for a very attractive backup account.

I have to use a traditional bank, or my credit card, as my Visa backup. Revolut is the next best thing, but they’re not licensed yet. So I’ll be glad if Chase are Visa.

5 Likes

Not really, but it’s nice to have a range across your personal card portfolio just in case!

Yes, the article is about a US product but I just wondered if it might be a sign. Equally, I could be reading too much into it!

According to one comment on one subreddit, Chase UK has entered a closed beta stage :eyes: hopefully ready for an autumn launch

5 Likes

That sounds about right if they do want to launch in the autumn.

You’d probably want at least 3 months testing to make sure everything worked, and try to identify and fix acceptance issues before launch.

4 Likes

Has anyone heard anything yet or seen any developments. I noticed the Website is still not available

Not due to launch until the autumn so I wouldn’t expect much yet

5 Likes

Here it is gang

Summary

Launching in September
Metallic Blue card with no numbers printed on it and a clean app. More details in the article

3 Likes

The card is a dark blue, featuring the Chase logo on the right, and the user’s name is printed in silver on the bottom. There is no number printed on the card itself, which is contactless and metallic

Uh-oh. I can see this being a charged for account. Particularly when you see “in-app subscription management” as a feature. So, they’ve bought nutmeg, and are aiming for an “affluent clientele”, they will presumably be marketing the account to them first, concentrating (I would guess) on flogging them investments rather than operating an "innovative current account. Honestly, the article comes across as a bit of a puff piece for Chase. Light on content, long on “Aren’t they great?”.

This will indubitably be a premium offering with a sub of £15-20 per month, free mobile insurance, a smallish cashback option, access to “enhanced” (+0.5%) savings rates, yada, yada, yada.

5 Likes

If they go for that and don’t also offer a cut-down freemium version, I think they will really struggle to attract customers.

The kind of people who are likely to pay for this kind of stuff also probably want to stick with an established big-name bank with branch access (I would suggest).

8 Likes

I think that’s probably true - Tandem crashed and burnt with credit cards by only offering fee based subs. Also, they’re going to need more than targeting the existing 140k Nutmeg users to make this a success.

3 Likes

Let’s see in September

2 Likes

If it launches at all.

2 Likes