Confession…

Now THATs a confession :joy:

1 Like

Just checked my Drummonds card - no sort code! I’m going to claim that’s what I meant - I think it half was at least!

Also absent on the Wise Eco card.

Also some people may be unfamiliar with the terminology used in payment processing, so using the phrase “long card number” can help to clarify exactly what information is required for the transaction. Of course nowadays it is a rare occasion.

There was with solo even it is wasn’t on your card labelled as an account number, it was on the PAN.

It was (1st 4 numbers was the checksum then it was sort code then account number.) It was exactly the same with Switch cards as well.

Not universally true:

This is my last Solo Card and my first (Switch) Maestro Servicecard (only to guarantee cheques up to £100, boo hiss), both for the same account which I’d opened when I was 12.

Note neither have the sort code (which is on the card, cryptically described as a ‘Code Number’ for some reason) included in the PAN and I can confirm the account number isn’t in there either.

It was a particularly dull era for Natwest card designs as you can see!

I suspect only cards with an Issue Number had the format you describe. (If not present, you had to state the ‘Start Date’ instead; if ever you see this on a form it’s a remant from the days of Switch, you can always leave it blank even if stated as Mastercard/Visa won’t evaluate it).

1 Like

I hear you. More then likely as to be honest as the card(s) I had did indeed have an issue number.

I think the NatWest Switch card design was pretty nice to be honest.

Before Natwest rebranded (with the reddish logo) their cards looked great.

Sadly I don’t have any of these in my collection anymore, but I had both these designs and loved them. I think you could pick between ‘dark’ and ‘light’ versions of each.

1 Like

I remember seeing the below and thinking how nice the card looked.

I also had the first card you posted above.