Contents Insurance

I am having a look around for house contents insurance. Nothing high value [total replacement costs definitely sub £10k] needing special clauses in the house, but iPhones etc. to be covered when travelling [if ever we do that again]. We are in a remote location and property is rented. Any suggestions would be welcome. R-

Have you looked into Urban Jungle? They’re apparently great for renters and good value too. No idea what the service itself is like, but I’ve heard good things.


I haven’t @N26throwaway but I will. Thanks. R-

1 Like

They’ve got a TV ad campaign on at the moment, just seen the ad for the first time this morning.

1 Like

Don’t forget to check out all the comparison sites and the couple that don’t advertise on them.

MSE has good guides about insurance


I am using Halifax renters insurance I think it’s £2.50ish a month and you can add extra stuff

1 Like

Blimey, thats a good suggestion. The website is great - and fast - and even adding the iPhones out of property its still less than £6 per month. Thank you. R-

1 Like

Remember to check that your tenancy agreement doesn’t specify that your contents insurance needs to include cover for tenants liability. The last couple of places I’ve rented have, it wasn’t a thing when I started renting so I guess it’s a more recent phenomenon!

Anyway, having previously been with Co-Op for a few years, my current policy is with Post Office Insurance. They undercut Co-Op a fair bit and provided a higher cover level. Might be worth a look.

I’ve come out of it now - but I think that is included. Post Office are very good, and their Gold cover is amazing value. R-

No problem!

This topic was automatically closed after 180 days. New replies are no longer allowed.