Credit reports

I appreciate the advice, but it’s been like that ever since we declared a financial connection. We know we spelt her name correctly at the time, even though as I say, it was 20 years ago. It’s never caused us any issues, it’s just annoying to see it wrong. I guess I should just quit moaning about it though and tell them to correct it.

I check my credit report almost every month. Its mainly because in my ‘youth’ I made some recked my credited files and now as a ‘grown-up’ I am trying to sort my past mistakes :slight_smile:

I thought I put here the links for websites where you can check three of four main credit references agencies files. For the fourth one, I couldn’t find a completely free forever link but there is a 30-day trial link -

Read on this page for a brief summary of what they are, and for a detailed explanation of how it all works and to learn more about them, I found this useful. I know most people will probably be aware -

Experian:
Free score at exprian website and app full report at Credit Club - Login

Equifax:
check at ClearScore

TransUnion:
check at Credit Score & Credit Reports at Credit Karma™ UK

Crediva:
check at Try the UK's Most Detailed Credit Report Free | checkmyfile - Couldn’t find any free forever.

You can also check the below

3 Likes

You can do a Subject Access Request (SAR) to Crediva to request a copy of data they hold about you.

It wouldn’t be a credit report, as such, but would probably give you enough information and would be free.

So, I had a ClearScore email this morning telling me my credit score has changed. Mmm, it’s been sat at 1000 out of a maximum 1000 for months, well ever since they changed their scoring to 1000. Because of FD’s hard search, 71 points have been deducted from my score. As one can imagine, I’m in absolute pieces and I’ll be speaking to Citizens Advice idc :rofl:

3 Likes

No more free Experian reports from MSE.

You can always ask for your online or print copy of the statutory report from Experian for free. Of course the imaginary credit score is not included.

1 Like