Current Account Providers showing Pending Debits/Credits

Hello everyone,

Having moved most of my banking over to RBS, I’ve noticed one thing I miss - pending Direct Debits & Credits showing in the transactions list! (BACS)

I contacted them to see if there was anyway they can view payments in a pending status - I was surprised to hear it wasn’t possible!

I wonder why some providers show this information & some don’t.

As far as I know these providers do:

Monzo :+1:
Starling :+1:
HSBC/First Direct :+1:

Partially:

Revolut (Debits only)

Anyone else aware of others who need to be on the list?

First Direct do it, as do Lloyds/Halifax I believe.

I only use my NatWest as a bills account for DD, no idea what they actually do if I use my card.

Apologies I’ve just amended the post. I meant direct debits & credits. BACS related.

1 Like

Lloyds and Halifax both have lists of Standing Orders and Direct Debits, including the expected next date of the DD. They also both have an “Upcoming Payments” menu option. However, I don’t think these really show pending (ie in progress) DDs, if that’s technically different. I note the Halifax app (Android) also has a new “Subscriptions” section in the same menu area, which I wonder if it is maybe for card based CPAs. Halifax often gets new features before Lloyds, so I assume this will come to Lloyds soon.

Nationwide doesn’t seem to offer any option for viewing DDs / SOs, let alone pending ones.

I don’t remember either Lloyds Group apps showing a pending BACS payment in or out (like an income bond interest payment or a moneybox dd I used to use an account for)

Sometimes with RBS you can see a forward date in the DD section in app but not always.

As far as I’m aware, HSBC are the only BAM showing ‘greyed’ out BACS payments?

I do think it’s quite good peace of mind, especially if its a larger payment you’re expecting!

1 Like

Lloyds will show a pending debit card transaction, but certainly not pending debits / credits on the main account transaction list (in fact, reading their help pages - it says pending transactions are paid-in cheques being processed plus card transactions you’ve authorised that haven’t yet been taken from the account balance).

2 Likes