Energy monitoring app

Interesting that there’s a difference :thinking:

Looking at it I think Loop includes VAT.

£1.58 would include 5% VAT, meaning it’s around £1.50476 without VAT, or £1.51 rounded up. Makes sense :man_shrugging:

I gave up with Loop but will relook at it out of curiosity. Hugo is working all fine for me now though

No chance. R-

Huh? Standard % then and no great insight. R-

Or maybe everyone uses around 40% of their energy in the evening because that’s when people are at home, cook, have the lights and the TV on, etc. it’s no great insight, and not something that can easily be changed

3 Likes

Yup, sort of what I said. R-

This is why I prefer Bright. It just presents the data without trying to put an interpretation on it.

For some reason, none of my apps (Shell, Loop and Hugo) are displaying electricity data for the past 5 days.

The monitor itself, however, is up to date. Reinstalled apps to no avail.

Any thoughts?

Removed, now I’ve read your post properly. R-

The smart meter display is fine. Is that the IHD?

Yes. So the Smart meter is still throwing out data ok. If you tap the Help button top right [in Hugo it’s a “!” In a square box] is MPAN still showing!p? R-

Are they showing gas data? If so, the comms hub is working OK. Are you seeing electricity usage data on your IHD?

Is it wise to put your mpan and mprn on here?

1 Like

Thanks for the heads-up.

The IHD appears to be fine data-wise.

Shell tell me the meter isn’t currently communicating with them.

Mystery solved (-ish). :blush:

Thanks everyone. (I’m a smart meter newbie).

I’ve now got a smart meter.

The suppliers own app (Octopus Energy in my case) provides me with energy usage data summarised per half hour, per day, per week, and per month.

I haven’t tried any of these 3rd party apps yet and am wondering whether to bother. What do they provide over and above supplier apps?

Octopus may well be a tech leader app-wise. In any event, a 3rd party app takes seconds so maybe take a look and judge for yourself.

For me using Hugo it’s about presentation of historical data and performance against budget. R-

Ivie provide real time information if you buy their IHD.

https://ivie.co.uk/

I’d assumed smart meter customers automatically receive an IHD. :thinking:

1 Like