Energy prices

That’s not how I interpret that statement but it would make more sense.

2 Likes

Energy bills rise for 2.5 million homes on Economy 7 Energy bills rise for 2.5 million homes on Economy 7 - BBC News

So, is anyone on this forum taking part in the energy reduction campaign currently being trialled?

I’m with BG but sadly I have not been invited to take part. I’m guessing it’s because I’m still getting free electricity due to the monthly rebate. Almost £40 in credit and on track to likely get a full six months of free electricity. I’d save even more if BG had invited me to take part because we’d have just delayed our evening meal for an hour and quite literally just sat there in the dark with everything switched off. Spoil sports!

We’d be the same as you but not had anything from Bulb. Everything off besides the internet. Charge up you battery devices beforehand, including the battery packs, because some numskull will no doubt forget.

Given your usage is already so low, I’m not sure how you could possibly save much more to get the most out of it.

Not had anything from our supplier, but did opt-in through Hugo. Tonight was the third one we’ve done but getting very little back out of them

Yeah. I have already been doing it with Octopus since last November: www.octopus.energy/saving-sessions

I’m also pretty much covered by the rebate so I’m not sure why BG aren’t inviting you :frowning:

It’s more about reducing demand nationally than how much credit you have or how much you use. As has been said if your usage normally is that low you are unlikely to gain anything from participating in this scheme, you are already doing your bit.
We are doing our third one tonight. The first one rebated us £0.26 [so we are quite energy use aware it seems] and now awaiting last nights results. I understand that first session meant that one power station could have been switched off. R-

1 Like

The methodology behind how the rebate is calculated is shown here. R-

2 Likes