Frost the e-money account

Just joined so first off, hello everybody!

Has anyone on here had any dealings with Frost? I’ve just downloaded it and so far it seems decent.

Hi @Baba_Yaga!

Welcome to Fintech Forum! :raised_hands:

I’ve merged your post into this existing thread about Frost. I’m sure some of the other users will be able to share their experience with you

1 Like

I didn’t realise they are still going to be honest. I think a few card collectors signed up, have you used it “in anger” and if so how did you find it?

It might be nice to add the card to my collection, but I wouldn’t pay £4.99 for the card for that sole purpose tbh.

1 Like

I’ve payed the £4.99 card ransom more times than I’d care to admit at this point. :joy:

3 Likes

Just got the nod from Frost :thinking: so I’m all set with a Virtual Card :relieved:

Trouble is, a quick review of this topic reveals a Visa v Mastercard vibe. Nothing about Frost……

Can I safely assume no one’s actively using it ?

(I’ve a sneaking suspicion this is a pointless account……:face_with_raised_eyebrow:).

It’s a useful fintech Visa card, but that’s about all it’s useful for IMO. Card is very nice tho.

I don’t actively use it. Being a visa is where the usefulness ends for me, but I have another card for that now.

My white wise card is my visa debit backup of choice since virtually every other debit card I own is a master card now since RBS moved.

1 Like

Thanks. Into the virtual drawer my card shall go.

Now who’d have thought it ? :thinking:

This caught my attention. Not really ethical (perhaps not legal?)

If your account still has a balance on 08/02/2024 we will be applying a £10 closure fee (“Closure Fee”).

Closure fees are very common in prepaid cards which I suppose this was in a way. But, as you say, none too ethical.

60 days notice of a change in T&C.

You could always close your account if you don’t accept the change :rofl:

1 Like

Just emptied the account - all £29.22 of it. The milky bars are on me.

If you read earlier in the forum, the account changed focus and spent about 2 years ‘in development’, so to be brutally honest, the fact it’s crashed and burned is no surprise to me at all.