General TSB Thread

If I look at it in landscape on my iPhone X, I would expect it to go into some kind of two-column layout to make better use of the space. It doesn’t, and just formats everything the same as portrait except blown up with very little height (obviously).

Personally, I think they should change that.

Just tried it on my 12 Pro, i see what you mean - the boxes stretch a bit too much as you scroll down - the space could be much better utilised in that scenario.

So it seems it’s not just there website that’s had an overhaul. They’ve apparently reduced the effort during onboarding, so definitely having an eye on competing with fintechs. And they state they’ve improved accessibility - which must be applauded.

It’s just the irony of it. I mean… TSB…? While I’ve not had an account with them for years their products aren’t exactly compelling. I’m unsure how long they’ll be sticking around. And we won’t mention IT migration projects.

Maybe these updates will make them more attractive for a buyout/merger/rebrand in the future.

1 Like

That’s the real purpose of all their business strategy moves. They are certainly positioning themselves ready for sale, not expecting to be an independent bank in the longer term.

1 Like

To be fair, the IT migration was very much managed/mismanaged from Sabadell HQ.

1 Like

Had this appear overnight in my Apple wallet for my TSB card anyone had similar

1 Like

I have it on one of my Lloyds cards, the other two didn’t show it. All other cards didn’t show it.

2 Likes

Yes I had this too but forgot to take a screen shot for my Child & Co card.
I also have a Lloyds card but didn’t get a message about that one.

2 Likes

They seem to have changed it again, well, the mobile site at least. They’ve finally added some colour to the majority of the home page, and it’s less whitebox-y!

1 Like

This has always been the case with Apple Pay. It’s why some banks have unpublished Apple Pay limits. Seems Apple is being more open about the data sharing that has been going on since about 2015.

1 Like

A few banks do publish their Apple Pay limits.
Starling does, and so do Lloyds banking group. I know with Starling you can remove the limit by immediately re-trying a failed transaction with Chip & PIN, which raises it for next time. I wouldn’t be surprised if other banks work in a similar way, but the details are just not documented.

Sometimes the retailer will also have an NFC CDCVM limit, which Apple Pay won’t work beyond. That’s normally not an issue, though, as it’s usually something like £10,000 (if limited at all).

Incase anyone didn’t know TSB doing maintenance

4 Likes

They have just updated their app to add push notification support to the app itself, which they say they will initially only use for approving 3D Secure transactions.

Hopefully they will eventually start notifying you of actual transactions!

2 Likes

What is the point of that? Fining one individual as a scapegoat. He may have designed and led the migration but I highly doubt he did all the work.

Meanwhile, all the other engineers, compliance staff, risk management staff, commercial leads etc can just wash their hands and say it wasn’t really their fault

It was very much driven from Spanish HQ as they wanted TSB off the legacy Lloyds systems and onto their own ill prepared in-house platform.

In my experience, their pay is generally on the lower end too - so they tend not to get the best people as they can get better money elsewhere.

Currently in the process of switching to TSB after considering their switch incentive. This should complete on 09/08/2023, and so far the move has been smooth. My direct debits have switched across today :slight_smile:

I’ve turned on Paperless as I prefer having everything online in one place (less paper too).

I like the app so far and don’t miss the extra functionality I got from my previous current account with Starling. However, if TSB did bring more functionality to the app, I wouldn’t mind. I’m all for seeing how TSB develop their banking service, and I’m defo sticking with them as my main current account.

What are your thoughts and opinions about TSB? The previous posts on this thread outline the major IT fiasco that went down, but I didn’t have a bank account then, so I didn’t have an interest in the banking world as I do now.

@topsy2 hey :slightly_smiling_face:

Starling was my first ever bank account (and weirdly I didn’t gain an emotional connection to the bank account that started my financial life (my first wage was paid into there, and then started my spending frenzy - which still exists to this day :upside_down_face:).

I joined TSB for the £125 + £75 incentive (why not for £200), and my friend may have helped with her word-of-mouth review.

I’m thinking of starting a new TSB thread. There doesn’t seem to be a recent one on here. Good idea or not?

1 Like

This appears to be the main existing one

1 Like

Go for it (if there isn’t one). I’m re-joining them presently. I left after a few brief months in 2020 - where the app left me unimpressed and I couldn’t turn down a switch offer. Now the tables have turned, I’m intrigued to see if the proposition is much better. Assuming they pay me the £125 without hassle I will keep going for the £75 + £5 x 6.

1 Like