Good bye, Flux

Just received this email from Flux

Thank you, and goodbye :wave:

It’s with great sadness that we announce that from Friday 14th October 2022, we’ll be closing the Flux network in the UK.

What does this mean for me?
From Friday, you’ll no longer be able to receive digital receipts or cashback offers when you shop at Flux retailers.

Unfortunately, cashback offers can no longer be redeemed from today onward, even if you’ve already activated them.

Any receipts you already have will still be visible in your banking app.

What happens to my data?
We’re closing the network permanently, which means all data we hold will be deleted. Once we’ve deleted your information, you’ll still be able to see any receipts that have already been generated by Flux in your banking app - that’s because the data is stored on the bank’s servers, not on the Flux server.

It’s been a challenging few years for the retail sector, but we’re proud to have come as far as we have. Thank you for being a valued Flux customer and believing in our mission.

You can reach our team at [email protected] if you have any questions.

Team Flux

6 Likes

Just got the email too. Real shame but I only used it once and never had offers I liked since

2 Likes

Flux is closing.

" It’s with great sadness that we announce that from Friday 14th October 2022, we’ll be closing the Flux network in the UK.

What does this mean for me?
From Friday, you’ll no longer be able to receive digital receipts or cashback offers when you shop at Flux retailers.

Unfortunately, cashback offers can no longer be redeemed from today onward, even if you’ve already activated them.

Any receipts you already have will still be visible in your banking app.

What happens to my data?
We’re closing the network permanently, which means all data we hold will be deleted. Once we’ve deleted your information, you’ll still be able to see any receipts that have already been generated by Flux in your banking app - that’s because the data is stored on the bank’s servers, not on the Flux server.

It’s been a challenging few years for the retail sector, but we’re proud to have come as far as we have. Thank you for being a valued Flux customer and believing in our mission."

Another shame, but not enough retailers were signed up…

1 Like

Yes, that’s always the big problem with these sorts of things. As somebody living outside London especially, they just aren’t that useful.

Hopefully Visa and Mastercard will eventually fill the gap with network-level enrichment of merchant data (including receipts and proper location data).

2 Likes

Really isn’t the right layer for receipts, tbh; it needs to sit above as lots of merchants use card machines where they type in solely the amount you pay

This topic was automatically closed after 180 days. New replies are no longer allowed.