How popular are Monzo's Plus/Premium accounts?

I respectfully point out, if one just wants basic breakdown cover, I’d skip the bank route and buy a standalone product via Topcashback or use the comparison sites.

5 Likes

But then for £3 extra I get a more comprehensive breakdown cover, not to mention mobile and travel insurance so Plus is really poor value still in the grand scheme of things if you want breakdown cover (plus the other bits)

1 Like

If they were to match NationWide’s offer at the minimum, I’d be swayed by premium too.

As it stands, plus is looking like the more attractive one for me, if/when the heavily teased virtual cards and pots enhancements come to fruition.

I’d also like to see them adopt a lower tier of plus that includes the card and all the software features, but without the other things like offers and interest and higher limits for £3 per month like N26 and Revolut have done.

2 Likes

I’d pay up to £20 if they matched Nationwide’s offer

RBS are almost there but their breakdown cover is UK only and I plan on driving instead of flying to Europe for the foreseeable future so it’s out unfortunately

I pay for Plus for Google Sheets, as sad as that is and I suppose customer categories goes into that.

The rest of it, meh. The offers are so bad I forget to even look, I only knew of new ones when someone mentioned it on the forum. Credit score I can easily check myself. Virtual cards are handy but they have half-arsed the implementation of them. Bigger round-ups I sort of do with IFTTT and that’s all I need. I’ve never paid cash in.

But that £5 a month is worth it for me for how organised I feel about my finances now.

3 Likes

I had a bash with it for 3 months, decided it was pointless for me. Went back down to the free tier, more money in my back pocket.