HSBC accounts

HSBC are offering a £125 incentive to open a current account (Advance or Premier) deposit £1500 and do some transactions, plus an additional £80 and prize draw entry if you then go on to open a Global money account and do some other transactions. Full terms and conditions here: https://www.hsbc.co.uk/content/dam/hsbc/gb/pdf/accounts/global-money-current-account-offer-tcs.pdf

I’m tempted to go for this, as I hear positive things about their accounts and app. Not sure if I’ll qualify (for Advance) as I’ve opened another current account at a building society earlier this month and two new credit cards in August and September, so several recent hard searches. But then I have had a first direct account, savings, mortgage for over 10 years so they know me and that might help.

Yes, saw it. Unfortunately as I’ve already switched then ditched First Direct in the last couple of years, I don’t qualify.

alas, i’ve got both already lmao

I don’t know where you’re coming from but the app may disappoint you.

Oh. Well I guess it’s a basic but functional app without much innovative fintech stuff. At least it has real time transaction push notifications, unlike first direct (still). I may get to find out as I put in an application. I’ll find out if I’m accepted within 10 days.

Apparently HSBC UK is in the process eliminating overseas debit card card fees for their UK customers.

Starting with Premier customers then Advance customers and finally their standard Current Accounts. It’s already done this with it’s First Direct brand, so is highly possible that it will be extended to it’s main UK brand.

2 Likes

If correct, this is good news for HSBC UK customers and makes Global Money a niche account which it probably always should have been.

All they need to do afterwards is axe the f/x fees on their credit card range especially for Premier customers as they would attract a lot of new HNW customers.

Here is hoping as I don’t use my HSBC debit/credit products abroad due to the forex fees.
Would be good to get those Premier points plus not be charged for forex.