In-app Cheque Imaging Support

We never got to the bottom of it, but I felt like the issue with those was specifically that they did have to be signed for.

The postman would take the general post into reception and then the normal ones would just get processed. The signed-for ones would get signed for by security. They probably then kept them at some kind of security desk, “because they’d been signed for, and needed to be secure”. Monzo staff were probably supposed to go down and get them, but due to a general lack of consistent process they sometimes went missing at the building security desk. I can easily imagine somebody putting it in a locked drawer or cabinet, then their shift ends and they go home. A different person is there later and when someone from Monzo comes down to check the post, they don’t know about the cheque in the drawer.

I always had something like that in my head anyway, no idea if it’s true!

2 Likes

Now available in NatWest app to scan cheques

Edit - largest cheque you can deposit is £500 with a limit of putting through £750 a day

4 Likes

Interestingly, it seems to have been switched on with a server-side flag rather than a change to the app code.

I’m now unable to edit the first post (unless one of the mods wants to make it a wiki) so I’ll just repost the updated list below.

Banks supporting cheque imaging in-app include:

:white_check_mark: Starling
:white_check_mark: HSBC & First Direct
:white_check_mark: Lloyds, Bank of Scotland & Halifax
:white_check_mark: Barclays
:white_check_mark: Virgin Money (including Yorkshire Bank, Clydesdale Bank & B)
:white_check_mark: RBS, NatWest, Ulster Bank, NatWest International & Isle of Man Bank

Banks not yet offering support:

:x: Monzo
:x: TSB
:x: Santander
:x: Nationwide
:x: Metro Bank
:x: Co-operative Bank & Smile
:x: Tesco Bank
:x: Danske Bank
:x: Bank of Ireland
:x: AIB

1 Like

Your wish has been granted! :genie:

4 Likes

Thanks @Mathew!

:+1:

1 Like

I’ve now updated this reference list, given the news that Starling have increased their in-app cheque deposit limit to £1,000.

6 Likes

It’s been months now since I last cashed a cheque. Invariably, because I rarely even write these days, I usually make a mistake writing out a cheque and I have to scrap it and write out another one :rofl: