Monzo account temporarily frozen again

If you prefer Monzo why not stay with them, and get her to pay you at Starling and then you transfer the money from Starling to Monzo?

@dudesuper1982
If you are prepared to say, from which bank is your partner transferring her half of the bills?

Is it a standard bank, and account, or something out of the ordinary (though I cannot guess what falls into that criteria nowadays).

Certainly a strange one.

A work-around, but something that should not be required for a normal, regular transaction imo.

1 Like

At the end of the day, they’re just a bank. They don’t love you. They may well offer features which might be better than other banks, but are they really worth the effort?

As an example, people make this huge thing about direct debits out of pots. There are other ways of managing your money which are equally as effective. I still don’t get the folks who have say 10 direct debits that all get paid out over the entire month. I have mine all set up to go out on the first working day of the month then that’s it, sorted. Been like that for years.

1 Like

Agreed about Pots. With Direct Debits they can usually be moved.

Only few payments I have which can’t be are cpas from things like when I started using a sim provider which is 3 days before I’m paid - for this a Revolut pocket is moderately useful but another account could serve the same purpose.

Its strange, I used to be paid into Monzo and never had any issues like this. One frozen payment from Revolut put me off moving the salary over (the account functioned, the payment was held) but I didn’t realise people had the same issues with Monzo.

1 Like

Worth a reminder from time to time. :blush:

Monzo, particularly, created that community which in turn produced that culture of alignment with the fluffy stuff and detailed, enthusiastic debate about managing your money.

Exciting for those (and there’s many of them) new to the world of money management.

Frustrating, though, for those who can see how convoluted the whole thing has became to those still getting their heads around getting to the end of the month.

Direct debits and Standing Orders are the backbone of an account. But they’re not sexy.

Pots, on the other hand, and being paid a day early and saving the change et al are…… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

She’s pays from her nationwide account that she’s had for about the last 20 years have tried to convince her to move to a more modern bank but she won’t have it!!

Never had any problems for the 3 years I used starling as my account and she paid the money in

I transfer from my Nationwide account to Monzo regularly, without issue, so can’t be that.

:thinking:

2 Likes

Like one that freezes on you regularly or perhaps one that doesn’t work at pay @ pump?

I’ve never once had an issue with pay at pump with starling

Sounds like a complete mess.

2 Likes

The strange thing is every time after about 20mins it’s unfrozen again and they have never asked for any proof of funds for either me or my partner

I have regularly sent Christmas and birthday money to friends and family via faster payments, without issue, but this article will scaremonger some with the fear that doing the above may cause their friend or relative issues with their bank!

No-one wants to cause a relative or friend to have their account frozen/suspended following receipt of a gift payment

World’s gone crazy imo.

2 Likes

Sure has this is the first time I’ve had these sorts of problems with a bank

3 Likes