Monzo mini-makeover

Come across this on LinkedIn. If you thought their cards were bright, apparently their logo can be brighter :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I like it!

The green on the logo stands out a bit too much though. Very vibrant.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve just seen a Monzo advert on YouTube - it has an AI style female voice narrating about infinite opportunities with a jingle in the background. It seems very low fi/budgetā€¦donā€™t they have a big marketing backing? Seems worlds away from the stuff Revolut are putting out at the moment.

Theyā€™re probably trying to appeal to the TikTok crowd.

1 Like

Where are Revolut currently advertising?

Television, streaming/catch up, bus stops, stations, the tubeā€¦

Quite a big push.

2 Likes

Ah. I must have missed the TV stuff.

1 Like

Itā€™s mainly focussed on kids cards, stocks & FX.

1 Like

Really? I havenā€™t seen a new Monzo advert in a while. Do you have a link?

Sadly not it came up when I was waiting to watch a YouTube video. No ā€œbiasā€ as some say is present on this forum but it just appeared a little low budget!

1 Like

Ah yes, I found one on their twitter feed.

Iā€™d actually say itā€™s on point to a certain (TikTokrs) market actually. I donā€™t use it but itā€™s a style a lot of them follow, deliberately appearing to be low budget, cos thatā€™s what getā€™s the likes, apparently.

I like Monzo, but stuff like that makes me even more glad I left recently for a ā€œproperā€ bank

What makes a bank ā€œproperā€?

Sounds to me like the ad you saw was probably just them promoting one of their tiktok videos.

1 Like

Well, it will of course boil down to individual perception, but for me:

• An app that doesnā€™t require you to pay to use it
  • Multi-device support, web & iPad
  • Being able to call if you actually need
  • Actual offers and savings rates in-house that are in some way competitive
  • Ability to handle cheques, while occasional it does still happen

Donā€™t get me wrong, I am not anti-monzo, the opposite. But Iā€™ll wager Iā€™m not the only person who doesnā€™t consider monzo to be a proper bank, based on some, or none, of the criteria above.

I didnā€™t pick up any TikTok references - it was just talking about being good for travel - then again despite being of the demographic I donā€™t use TikTok and know little to nothing about it.

Itā€™s the way you describe the voiceover and the jingle. The voice you describe sounds like itā€™s one of the tiktok voiceover voices, and add on the jingle and it screams tiktok video to me!

1 Like