Motoring nostalgia - vehicles I had, wish I had or wish I hadn’t 😳

Which reminds me of my friend’s Wartburg back in the 70s. I quite liked it - very quirky and had a rotary Wankel engine. It wasn’t the quickest car (0-60 by lunchtime) but had a certain East European charm :slight_smile:

1 Like

Though I can’t complain. The Skoda was my dad’s. He wanted me to scrap it for him but I took it for an MOT instead.
1 sill welded and a brake calliper and I ran it for another year lololol.
Took us to France 4 times too :grin:

And now they’re some of the best built in their class. I’m sure I read somewhere that there’s only two cars with a brolly installed as standard.

One’s a Superb - the other one’s a Bentley :slightly_smiling_face:

Now I think of it, I spent an unbelievable sum of money on a Triumph Stag… post-renovation.

Trouble was, it transpired (upon MOT) that the wheel arches were, in the main, cornflakes packets - amazing what 20 coats of paint can cover up :flushed:.

Blast - it’s all come flooding back now….:scream:

1 Like

Lovely, lovely car. Beyond my scope, but definitely one for when I win the pools. R-

Not just the Superb - my Fabia VRS a few years ago had a brolly, as do the current top-spec Fabias.

1 Like

:open_umbrella: ???

Cheaper than a revolving sunroof. I suppose!

:rofl:

2 Likes

Well didn’t know that. :grin:

(Pronounced “Skodda”?)

1 Like

I think it’s pretty standard on their top-spec cars now (along with the ice scraper under the petrol cap) :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 179 days. New replies are no longer allowed.