Nationwide accounts

Well spotted :blush:

(Frankly I wasn’t going to bother anyway. These regular savers are only of use to those needing a way into saving).

Edit: My error - time limited, not regular saver.
(Don’t like them either :blush:)

1 Like

Currently hold £1.17 in my FlexDirect account, and that’s only cos it was interest from a savings account I closed last week. Cba moving it :rofl::rofl:

Surely gotta make a purchase with it?

It’ll sit there till I spend on my credit card.

This isn’t a regular saver, it’s a current account which pays interest on cash balances.

Generally, yes.

But when interest rates are high enough I use regular savers to hold some of my already-built-up emergency savings (distributing my emergency savings across a main easy access account and a few regular savers in order to achieve higher interest income).

Each month I manually move a portion of money from from my easy access emergency savings account to my current account (2 min job), which then funds various regular savers automatically via standing order. When using to hold emergency savings cash, only makes sense if the regular savers are also easy access. But with the notable exception of HSBC group regular savers, many are.

3 Likes

1 Like

This isn’t an unusual thing. It happens periodically with Nationwide and several other high streets banks.

Particularly when the clocks change :wink:

1 Like

Anyone here use the Nationwide Flexplus account? When do they take the £13 monthly fee? I upgraded my account on 1st October but they have not taken any money from my account. I just want to be sure I am covered by the Worldwide travel insurance as I have an upcoming trip soon.
Do they begin making charges later? I thought they had waited for the cooling off period to end in order for them to start charging but it is taking longer. Any ideas?

Mine comes out on the last day of the month.

Why don’t you call the number, and check?

1 Like

Didn’t want to wait in queue over a know issue but I will call them ASAP

Took mine the last day of the month after I opened the account - so opened in Ajn took the first payment in feb. AA were aware I had the account as I cancelled the payment I had for stand alone revovery. Worth checking with NW though

Did you have to register with AA like for travel and mobile phone insurance? I registered with the others apart from AA. The paperwork they sent didn’t have a requirement to register.

I am on hold with Nationwide waiting to speak to someone.

1 Like

Correction - In the documentation for the AA - You do not need to call to register your cover or vehicle as cover begins immediately upon opening your Nationwide FlexPlus current account.

Yes, I believe so I said yes to everything when the account was opened. Think I needed to log on to CustomerPortal to download the travel insurance too

1 Like

I have talked to someone at Nationwide. They have said that the fee is taken at the end of the following month from when the account was opened, so my fee will be taken at the end of November.

2 Likes

Interesting app update from Nationwide. However, they’re not exactly clear on what situations you will need a card reader for. :rofl:

I get the feeling it’ll be like ‘Surprise, you need your card reader for this payment. I bet you don’t have it, do you…’

3 Likes

They will just be sending more texts/2FA than previously. Which I prefer when I’m in the UK - less so when I am abroad.

Did anyone else get an email from Nationwide about their ’ Nationwide Fairer Share Payment’.

Seems like a nice touch…

6 Likes