NEW: £125 Lloyds Bank Switching offer

Yeah easiest £125 ever lol :joy:

1 Like

Love LBG for switching incentives! Should be due another Halifax one next year.

Shame BOS never offer one.

1 Like

Once the switch is completed and you have the £125 is there anything to stop you downgrading the account to a classic?

Hopefully not as I have not much interest in Vue nor Odeon

2 Likes

I can’t see anything specific in their offer T&C’s. Somehow, they must have determined that the value is in which account you switch to rather then how long you keep it. Odd :thinking:.

Maybe they’ve assumed enough switchers will stick with the Club or Platinum account to recoup the £125.

1 Like

Think I’ll be nice and pay one months fee and then downgrade

2 Likes

Did you go for a Club Platinum account then? The standard ‘Club Lloyds’ account’s fee is waived if you pay in £1500 or more per month (can be the same amount recycled).

I’ve certainly never paid a fee of any sort and had two switching offers from them now.

1 Like

Just standard club Lloyds just don’t fancy moving funds through it I just use hsbc and monzo

1 Like

Seems like a trivial loophole to jump through for the sake of £3 but sure.

1 Like

Are you minded to Switch out from the Lloyds account at an appropriate point?

From experience when I wanted to revert an account back to a plain ‘Classic’ account it required a branch visit as it couldn’t be done online. May have changed since but worth checking first

1 Like

Was planning on keeping until another switch offer comes along that I’m eligible for

1 Like

My switch due on Tuesday. Incentive already banked. Wonder what would happen if I downgrade the account or attempt to switch ‘n’ close already…

If you do downgrade, they pro-rate the monthly fee for your Club account, so - if you’re being very picky/can’t be bothered to track and transfer the pennies over to avoid an unarranged overdraft, then transfer the £1500 before downgrading the account… Or something.

Edit: not clear what happens with fees if you switch out in the first month before meeting fee waiver requirements. I say this only because of risk of unarranged overdraft, not the actual amount in question!

Just downgrade - as soon as you’ve got the switching credit - then you’ll never been charged the fee.

2 Likes

BOS don’t need to as they were No 1 in Scotland last time I saw stats and don’t actively seek to attract ‘South of the Border’ clientele leaving that to their Halifax brand and sibling Lloyds Bank.

Exactly what I did, swapped the account out too while I was at it

I am now the proud holder of a second classic account.

Just out of interest, checked the everyday offers. Just one - £4 cashback for amazon kids+. Jokers!

Most of the offers for LBG Cashback are based on previous card activity. If you hardly ever/never use the debit card you get barely any offers.

2 Likes

Were you guys able to downgrade to Classic without having to visit a branch?

Ok, looks like you can downgrade online (according to other fora).

Switch from HSBC started. I was surprised not to have to submit any identification - they seem to be happy with the CRA checks.

Natwest Group are the No 1 in England and Wales but that doesn’t seem to stop them offering incentives on RBS and Natwest accounts.