New Group CEO

We’re delighted to announce the appointment of Raman Bhatia as Group CEO of Starling Bank.

Raman is currently the CEO of energy market disruptor OVO, and before that he led digital banking at HSBC’s retail business in the UK and Europe. He brings a wealth of consumer tech and fintech expertise to Starling and will take over from interim CEO, John Mountain, when he joins later this year.

David Sproul, Chair of Starling Bank, said: “We see significant opportunities for Starling under Raman’s leadership as the economy stabilises, as our truly differentiated offering for personal and small business customers wins market share in the UK, and as our Engine by Starling Software-as-a-Service business secures further international contracts. I want to thank John Mountain for his wise stewardship of Starling these past eight months and am delighted that we will continue to benefit from his expertise at the company.”

Anne Boden, Founder of Starling Bank, added: “I am pleased that in Raman we have found someone who can take Starling into its next phase of growth while cherishing the culture and values we have worked so hard to instil in everything we do.”

Raman Bhatia said: “I am truly honoured to be appointed as the next Group CEO of Starling Bank. Starling is a company I have long admired because it believes passionately, like I do, in using the power of technology to do the right thing for its customers and its people. I can’t wait to get started and to see what we can achieve together.”

1 Like