One week in

When @Mathew first launched the site, I noticed an automated message from Discourse saying that until there were 50 registered users, the default of sending emails would apply. I have no idea why they do that :man_shrugging:t2:

I guess to try and get the conversation going, but my inbox did get a bit bombarded for the first day or so

Thanks for the website @Mathew and really appreciate you putting this together and being so helpful and responsive with peopleā€™s requests on here for the forum. Really enjoying it and seeing old faces and new.

7 Likes

@Mathew great first week.

Lots of conversations and mostly good humour and people being respectful of others

1 Like

Agreed, @Drew. :blush:

1 Like

We really canā€™t have anything nice can we :frowning:

People just need to grow up at the end of the day. If someone says something you donā€™t like, meh itā€™s the internet it wonā€™t bite you. Scroll past and ignore it.

All this mud flinging is getting boring once again. Iā€™ve seen better behaved kids. If someoneā€™s antagonising you, move on. Message a Mod if itā€™s that bad, see what they make of it.

2 Likes

Normally I would agree but some people just canā€™t behave in a civilised manner and are beyond help.

1 Like

Letā€™s get too off topic here, hey? :slightly_smiling_face:

The guidelines are the minimum which come with Discourse, albeit with one part amended. Of course we donā€™t want to moderate things with an iron fist, but if there are multiple complains against posts, or they are out of hand, or whatever, we need to evaluate the situation as is at the time.

Regardless of your views on flagging, itā€™s a tool there to help us moderate the forums better - we have lives outside of the forum, and sometimes things need to be brought to our attention even when weā€™re not here.

The vaccine thread is closed, letā€™s not drag it back up. Move on and use the forum for what it is - fintech discussions.

7 Likes

Common sense required, would you stand an have a slanging match in the street with another strangerā€¦ Hopefully the answer would be No :sweat_smile:

The same then should apply here, Iā€™m going to slap myself now with this next line, think of that Disney Princess song and change the words.

Let it go, let it go

Iā€™ll get my coat now :face_vomiting: šŸ¤¦

4 Likes

I should of guessed that a gif would be available :sweat_smile: glad I didnā€™t search for it though. Wouldnā€™t want my next ads to be Disney Princess

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

There are keen folk here who are genuinely attempting to enjoy this forum and to help it grow.

Others appear fixated with process and not the least in the purpose of Fintech Forum.

Weā€™re going to get beyond the sort of disruptive activity weā€™ve seen recently. Then weā€™ll be off in the right direction againā€¦.

Common sense will prevail. ā€œBear withā€ as someone said ā€œBear withā€.

2 Likes

3 Likes

So this is where you lot have all been hiding! I hadnā€™t realised that a new forum had been set up after Liam closed FTT.

Great to see some old faces.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard.

2 Likes

Welcome!

At least Liam has kept the camel test card up. I do like to click on it occasionally as it does make a miserable middle aged git, namely myself, giggle.

3 Likes

Welcome @Ad13!

1 Like