Other Fintech Forum Moderation

This is great but the more I think of it. Should the top one be someone with revels face and then the mask is removed and it is an imposter?

2 Likes

It truly is dire. For some reason it only opens for me if I get really really close to the camera, basically having my nose touching the screen. I can’t believe it’s difficult to use the system API for FaceID, which I would assume is infinitely more secure.

I’m shocked they’re even allowed to use something other than Apple’s implementation of FaceID.

I know, I’ve taken to always using passcode instead as it’s quicker - which annoys me when I’ve got this state of the art technology in my phone, and I’m keying in a code like it’s 2003!

I’m going to hazard a guess and assume, though, that your passcode isn’t…… that? :grin:

1 Like

No, and it’s 6 digits anyway!

The reason I said 2003 was actually because it’s got precisely nothing to do with anything, other than being around the time mobile phones (in their original Nokia brick incarnation) became mainstream.

1 Like

Forgive me, I was being “moderately” flippant.

See what I did there? :joy:

1 Like

Excellent, and to be clear - I did think so, but thought it best to reply anyway just in case!

2 Likes

A blatant theft of one of my regular lines Graham. I suggest you take yourself to the virtual sin bin :laughing:

1 Like

Bought my first mobile phone in 1999 when, on a car drive home from Grantham, on roads surrounded by snow covered fields, I realised that if I was to break down there and then, the pager in my pocket would be of zero benefit :rofl:

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Being scammed - what do you know?

Fair do’s…

“I’m here all week :clown_face:

You’re not having that one :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

And I thought civility had gone out of fashion :face_with_monocle:

Ooh, I love that one!

Vintage @Graham, that is!

Not all!

1 Like

This has all the makings of a cracking novel - opening paragraph. I like it :grin:

1 Like

I still have an old Vodafone pager sat in a draw circa mid 90’s. I wonder if it’s worth anything :laughing:

1 Like

It may well be!

The last I read, the NHS were struggling to get hold of them as nobody makes them any more, but they still use them to page on-call doctors in hospitals.

They may have moved on in the five years or so since I heard that, though.

Ah, so that’s what I can do with all my free time in early retirement :thinking:

They can have mine for a free flu jab in October, oh, hang on, I’m over 50, so I get it for free now anyways :zipper_mouth_face:

I have to admit mate, it is a bloody brilliant opener, save it, I forsee big bucks for you :laughing:

1 Like

Sounds quite nice.

I always thought that Roald Dahl’s writing shed sounded quite romantic. Get yourself a nice shed and you will be set!

1 Like