Rendity: €100 reward when you invest €100 in property investment platform + €100 for referrer

Thought I’d let everyone know about this offer before it ends in a couple of days. Rendity is a property investment platform based in Austria established in 2015. They are currently offering a very generous incentive to new users: a €100 reward for investing €100 in a preferred property. The rate of return on investment varies between 4% and 8%, and the property ventures are generally located in Germany and Austria.

This offer is time-limited and only available until this Thursday, May 4th 2023.

Here’s my referral link:

https://rendity.com/en/referral?u=nlr9

Just follow these steps:

1. Sign up for Rendity via my referral link above
  2. Complete the ID verification process
  3. Fund your account via credit card, debit card or bank transfer
  4. Invest €100 in the property of your choice

You’ll receive the €100 bonus, credited to your Rendity wallet two weeks after your investment. The bonus will need to be invested in a property before being able to be withdrawn as cash.

Cheers!

Presumably you won’t get that bonus until the loan matures. Property loans are a considerable risk, especially at the moment, so no thanks :slight_smile:

I’ve checked and that’s correct. I still think it’s a good deal though. Rendity provide a comprehensive risk assessment of every property project, rated A (least risk) to E (most risk), see here:

If you only invest in A-rated projects you will minimise the risk. The €100 bonus (not to mention further possible €100 bonuses received if you invite others) effectively compensates for any (unlikely if A-rated) loss on your initial investment, and if you invest the bonus(es) in different (also A-rated) projects you can diversify and so minimise risk even further.

It’s a p2p lending scheme so you’re lending money to strangers. It’s very difficult to do any due diligence in these circumstances (other than taking Rendity’s word for it).

If the project you are lending to fails then you are at the mercy of the person(s) you’ve lent to if you want your money back.

There’s a reason why p2p returns look so good compared with other “investments”!

2 Likes

I dipped my toe in the P2P market some years ago with Zopa. No drama and whilst I didn’t stick around long, I understood what was happening and the model was clear.

The Rendity model (though P2P) feels like a whole different ball-game. Although they’ve been around since 2015, it seems there’s a big push now, (maybe a refocus on the UK as a target audience?).

Rather too much going on for my taste, and from reviews, it’s stated that the anticipated returns, though bigger than ordinary savings, aren’t particularly exciting in the P2P arena.

They’re not regulated.

Looking at Trust Pilot et al, the reviews look a tad breathless and wide-eyed, with nothing other than endorsements around how easy it was to invest…… well it would be, wouldn’t it?

So thanks - but no thanks.

2 Likes

There seem to be some misunderstandings about what Rendity is and how it works here. This explanation I saw from another Rendity user a few months ago should clarify things:

I think it is a low risk investment for a few reasons. Firstly, because the loans are over-collaterized. Once you create an account (no deposit required yet) you can see all the relevant documents for each investment - the financials, the financial structure, the loan agreement, the independent risk rating. This is what is key. Each real estate project has been independently assessed. Some are riskier than others, so I stick to those with the highest rating of A. If the project fails, your principle (initial deposit of €100) is not at risk, but interest payments may be delayed. Rendity itself has been around since 2015 and has launched 164 real estate projects in that time (average project is around €3.5 million). Of those 164, 68 have been ‘refunded’ (i.e. project fully funded, sold, interest paid out to people like yourself as promised), 0 have failed, and others are in progress still. Rendity is a commercial investment adviser registered in Austria and an authorized financial investment broker in Germany regulated by the Chamber of Industry and Commerce. Investments are insured in full for the principle (your initial deposit) but not the interest.

Considering all this, and when you then add in the 4-8% return, €100 bonus (plus the bonuses you can make from inviting), the risk/reward balance swings firmly in favour of the latter in my opinion.

If it meets your risk appetite then that’s fine. For me it’s thanks - but no thanks.

If anyone actually wants to do P2P I’d recommend elfin market.

1 Like

Well I personally have quite a low risk tolerance/appetite, so that’s saying something, yours must just be even lower. Without the €100 bonus I probably wouldn’t invest, but with a bonus equal to (or greater than including inviting bonuses) your initial investment, and the information in my previous post, I don’t see how this can be seen as a particularly risky venture or how the reward here is not worth it.

For P2P, yes. For regulated stock market investing, no.

Well as stated above, Rendity is also regulated, by the German Chamber of Industry and Commerce.

Except it’s not regulated by them - it promotes industry and presumably those who seek to build successful business.

An excerpt from their website:

The DIHK represents commercial and industrial enterprises and those belonging to the service sector vis-à-vis politicians, administrators and the public. It represents the general interest of the commercial sector at federal and European level – for example for less bureaucracy, free trade…etc

I’d suggest that’s a far cry from protecting investors. It can’t do both.

1 Like

Of course it can. Rendity clearly states it’s regulated by the IHK on their website along with their legal contractual obligations according to German regulations and legal definitions of its operation:

Rendity is a commercial investment adviser registered in Austria and an authorized financial investment broker in Germany regulated by the Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK).

Notice pursuant to Section 3 (2) of the German Securities Institutions Act (Wertpapierinstitutsgesetz - WpIG): Rendity Securities GmbH is a contractually bound intermediary within the meaning of Section 3 (2) of the German Securities Trading Act (Wertpapierhandelsgesetz - WpIG) and acts as investment intermediary pursuant to Section 2 (2) No. 3 WpIG exclusively for the account and under the liability of CONCEDUS GmbH, Eckental.

Others may put me right, but nothing above looks like the IHK provides the protection one might expect from say, the FCSC in the UK.

And thereby hangs the problem with P2P lending.

Anyway - moving on……

1 Like

This is crowdinvesting, not P2P lending.

From what I can understand - you wouldn’t expect FSCS style protection but the p2p company is regulated by the equivalent of the FCA?

2 Likes

The company is indeed registered and regulated by BaFin (Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht), the equivalent of the FCA. The funds are held with BNP Paribas bank, which is covered by the European DGS (Deposit Guarantee Scheme), the equivalent of the FSCS. From Rendity:

A separate insolvency protected bank account is created for each project. Only after a successful crowdinvesting campaign, namely reaching the funding limit, the funds are transferred to the real estate developer. In case the funding limit is not achieved, the money is transferred back to the investor.

Me doth think the lady protest too much

1 Like

I’m just clearing up some misconceptions.