Revolut 3-month “free trial premium” is not free to downgrade

Revolut gave you 2 months free for a complaint made? Brilliant :joy::joy:

Yeah, it was a complaint regarding their direct debit function. You can’t reinstate a direct debit unless you ask a merchant for the relatively niche request of setting it up under a different reference (some seem to by default and it’s ok but for the ones that don’t…) - probably the worst things about Revolut in terms of banking functionality. They say it’ll be sorted when they have a license…you can’t pay DDs under £1 either.

Anyway I took it as it allowed me to sell a few stocks commission free but yeah - upselling in response to a complaint…

I got £40 and £7 for other complaints I’ve had.

This all said I do use Revolut for plenty of things

2 Likes

I get the vibe you complain a lot :thinking:

Not a very happy soul, are we? :joy:

3 Likes

When a financial institution does you a disservice, you’d be doing yourself a disservice not to take 5 minutes to type up an email - the money is there and waiting

Revolut aren’t exactly the best for this mind - it’s better with a bank or building society

Every 6 months or so I see a cool looking feature Revolut has got and think to myself, ‘hmm why don’t I just give it a proper go, maybe it’s not so bad anymore’… and then I read a story like yours @Mattia, from frozen accounts for weeks or even months to a shocking lack of customer support, and am reminded of just how consumer-unfriendly they are and am once again glad that I don’t touch them with a barge pole!

I don’t see how they can continue operating like this once they begin running their services under a UK banking licence.

4 Likes

Tbh it’s not that bad - just keep your life savings away from it and it’s not of concern

The support is a bit crap at times - but the apps functionality is good

They lack in the Direct Debit functionality department - but beyond that it’s fine for me

I’ve had to answer two questions re funds - since then I seem to be whitelisted

But I’d keep it to 4 figure sums max nevertheless!

These stories are probably a major part of the holdup in them being granted a UK license!

1 Like