Revolut seeking a UK Bank Licence

In addition to this I would argue that the companies behind any desk etc ought to have some responsibility for how their software is being used to facilitate crime!

1 Like

This could have happened with any other bank in my opinion. All of these bank apps have similar securities in place. If they were able to get into Revolut, they would had been able to get into any of the Bank App or their Web interface.

I reckon they got access to their password or backup of their phone that they cloned and knew the passcode to login to the app. Most these apps will need only the “easy” passcode after you’ve logged in already.

I don’t disagree, the point is other banks would have, out of decency and neccessity, stood by the customer (unless they suspected the customer of benefitting)

You might be right on that. I think it’s difficult to prove that for either side unless it’s a bug of some kind. Nowadays it’s very easy to log in from the other side of the world, add payees then send transactions to new bank accounts.

Just out of curiosity, I’ve looked up scams of Revolut and there is thread on the official forum - people reporting different kinds of sms and phone scams here → Fraud SMS from revolutmobi.com - #40 by pofthepug - Revolut Community

The incident above was probably very similar. Everyone must be careful where they click, unfortunately, some people go above and beyond to fake websites, calls and text messages. I always double-check the domain if matches with the official if I get a suspicios emails or texts.

Most of these people have only themselves to blame.

Naivety and using Revolut (and other Mickey Mouse outfits) for large transactions seem to go hand in hand.

1 Like