Royal Bank of Scotland accounts

Very tempted to apply, but my brain is torn between “I’d rather open an account when I meet the requirements” and “this would be good vanity”

I guess another good question is, can businesses also do this? That could potentially add a level of “wow this business is really credible” without saying it at all

Some additional context to this:

Adam & Co was always very much a “Scottish Coutts”. The Coutts app and Adam & Co app are identical but reskinned.

They both seem to offer similar top-tier service.

I always assumed that the Adam branding was after the famous Scottish economist Adam Smith, but I don’t know if it was or not?

Anyway, it’s probably easy to transfer these clients to Coutts (and that brand comes with such prestige that they would hardly complain).

2 Likes

I suppose if I opened a business account, it would automatically be a Child & Co account, since that is my “home branch” now.

I don’t know if you could approach them cold for a business account, but I don’t see why not?

Also, if you ever do meet the requirements for proper private banking, they will be happy to upgrade you.

Might as well open now before the old form disappears, which it could easily do.

1 Like

@N26throwaway how did you apply as trying on my Mobile on chrome and safari keep getting error message.

I did this on my Mac! Try it on a desktop browser and you should be able to do it!

If I don’t meet the requirements by 30 I’m considering myself a failure :^ but I guess you’re right, might as well get the fancy stuff now and visit the branch later on when I hit the target

1 Like

I just applied on desktop in chrome and it worked fine - the site looks very old so may not support mobile browsing?

1 Like

I think the old forms were not responsive and so didn’t work on mobile - the new ones are, so it’s probably a key reason why they upgraded them.

I just applied on mobile

I do most things on mobile these days, really difficult existence but I keep forgetting to take things with me

2 Likes

Was just about to report back, that this does seem to work on mobile for me! But you beat me to it @Recchan!

At which stage are you receiving an error @Gallifreyangirl and what error are you receiving?

You may have to turn off adblocking or tracking protection for it to work.

1 Like

How did you find the link? I’ll give it a go soon!

To add onto what @Seb recommends,

In my settings for Safari on iPhone the only thing turned off is block all cookies. I’d suggest temporarily turning off prevent cross-site tracking and block pop-ups. As these will match the settings I had in Safari on my Mac when applying.

if you’re using a VPN, DNS or ad blocker, disabled those temporarily too.

1 Like

I’m on Firefox for Android (or I can check it out on iOS) with Adblock via Unlock Origins enabled

A lot of Wayback Machine and digging through the source code files to piece together the correct URL.

Was a pretty quick find in all honesty, should have tried it sooner.

1 Like

I actually thought it was potentially an old phishing link to begin with, as they don’t use rbos.com anymore

But I had a look at the WhoIS for it and it’s still owned by RBS

1 Like

Solid detective work there!

I am using a iPhone with safari I can get to first page it’s the error when I get past that page. Will check my settings on the browser.

Thank you, yes, the authenticity of the link was my only worry but if it’s tied to RBS then it’s all good :+1:

2 Likes

Report back what you find and any screenshots to document errors and I’m sure I, and others will try to help you troubleshoot to get past them! :slight_smile: