Royal Bank of Scotland accounts

Thanks just turned of block ups and cross site tracking and will track again.

1 Like

Will RBS not get sus of the sudden influx of Child & Co applications? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

This is the error I am getting.

I hope not, I’ve just applied :joy:

My worry is we’ll all end up with closed accounts in a week :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Nope still same issue and tried my other half’s iPhone in case it was me being on beta software 14.7

1 Like

not working on the other phone either?

Perhaps it’s something unique to your application that’s causing the error. What stage during the process is it occurring? And do you already have an account with them?

Perhaps it’s worth heeding the error and just leaving it for a while before trying again. I know some banks do deploy systems where they’ll lock you out from applying after too many attempts.

I’ve tried looking up your error code and couldn’t find anything online either. Another option might be worth contacting RBS with the error code to see if they can figure out what’s happening.

1 Like

No accounts with then last I had was NatWest years ago. Didn’t work with my boyfriends iPhone. The other thing might try is having ago in my Mac later. Thanks for all the help.

2 Likes

By the way, is everyone getting the manual checks message, or are some let through automatically?

1 Like

I don’t think any accounts get opened instantly via the old form.

1 Like

Yep, I got this. I presume all of us will. The old form doesn’t seem to be automatic like the new one is.

Seems to me that the checks happened as part of the flow and I was told I might be asked for further documentation.

I then got the welcome email and two days later, the debit card. I finalised registration for digital banking by phone and got my customer number and account number.

I now await a letter which will give me the password to operate my app.

1 Like

Just worked I realised i was using the wrong year for something. Now applied for child and co.

3 Likes

Great, glad to hear it worked in the end!

3 Likes

Got email applications in hand 3~5 days

2 Likes

I didn’t actually get an email at all, just said now I can close my window :^ but oh well, I’ll wait until my next Experian statement or until it comes in the post. Whatever comes first

Be interesting how many child and co accounts get closed after applying this week.

1 Like

I do wonder how sus it might look. A bunch of us opening accounts on the same random Sunday in May using the old application form and choosing the same branch. :sweat_smile:

Would they even care?

2 Likes

I’ve no doubt they’d lap it up. Put it this way, I had a call yesterday from a nice lady who asked me how it’s going :grin:

3 Likes

I’m sure it will be fine.

By the way, once everyone has their account open, it is equivalent to a standard RBS Select account. If you would rather have a Reward account, or one of the RBS packaged accounts, you can change account type.

It’s probably best to wait a few weeks until everything is up and running, but then you can use the following form if you would like to change account type:

https://customerforms.rbs.co.uk/apps/secure/applicationforms_dda/asp/appform.asp?appid=779&devicemode=null&subbrand=responsive_rbs_personal&CCF=Y

6 Likes