Santander closing Retailer Offers

Email received from Santander today:

We’re closing our Retailer Offers service

We’re writing to let you know that we’re closing the Retailer Offers service which you have switched on in Online and Mobile Banking.

This means that from 17 November 2022 you’ll no longer be able to access this service and your Retailer Offers Terms and Conditions will no longer apply.

We’re launching a new rewards service soon, Santander Boosts

Santander Boosts will be our new and improved rewards service.

You’ll be able to sign up and use Santander Boosts for free if you have a debit or credit card with us and you’re aged 18 or over. Other Terms and Conditions apply and more information will be available on our website soon.

What do you need to know about the closure of Retailer Offers?

You can continue using Retailer Offers the same way you do today until the service closes from 17 November 2022.

If you’ve activated an offer before 17 November 2022, you’ll be able to use it in line with its specific offer conditions.

Final cashback payments will be made on or shortly after the last business day of January 2023 in line with the terms of the Retailer Offers service. More information is available in the Frequently Asked Questions below.

If you want to, you can also switch off Retailer Offers before we close it.

Please note that this change doesn’t impact any products you have with us such as your bank account or credit card.

What to do next

We’re giving you at least 30 days’ notice of the closure in line with the Terms and Conditions of Retailer Offers.

If you have any questions about the closure of Retailer Offers, take a look at the Frequently Asked Questions below. You can also find more information on our website, santander.co.uk.

Thanks for banking with Santander.

The Santander Team

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the last day that I can use Retailer Offers and earn cashback?

Nothing changes before 17 November 2022, and you can continue to use Retailer Offers in the same way that you do today. You can view and activate as many offers as you like before Retailer Offers closes. You’ll earn cashback on your chosen offers as long as you meet the conditions of the offer by the date specified in the offer terms and no later than 31 December 2022. Please note that you won’t be able to view the terms of any of the specific offers you’ve selected when Retailer Offers closes from 17 November 2022, even if you have longer to benefit from these offers.

Will I receive all the cashback I earned before the service closes?

Any cashback you’ve earned by activating an offer and spending in line with the offer terms while the service is still available to you will be paid into your Chosen Account in full in line with the Retailer Offers Terms and Conditions. Final cashback payments will be made on or shortly after the last business day of January 2023 as long as your Chosen Account is still open.

I want to use an offer which requires two or more Direct Debit payments for me to receive cashback. What do I need to do if I haven’t been able to complete the last Direct Debit Payment before Retailer Offers closes?

For offers where cashback is paid after a certain number of Direct Debit payments,for example, a new utility subscription, you need to make sure your last qualifying Direct Debit is paid no later than 31 December 2022. Cashback will then be paid on or shortly after the last business day of January 2023 depending on the timing of when your Direct Debits were paid.

Can I change my Chosen Account where my final cashback will be paid?

Yes, you can change your Chosen Account at any time before Retailer Offers closes. You won’t be able to change it from 17 November 2022, so you need to make sure that it remains open for us to be able to make your final cashback payment.

Will I still receive any pending cashback if I switch off Retailer Offers?

If you decide to switch off Retailer Offers, we will pay any pending cashback earnings to you as long as your Chosen Account is still open. Please have a look at the Retailer Offers Terms and Conditions for more information.

Will I be able to see my cashback earnings from Retailer Offers in Online and Mobile after the service closes?

You can view your cashback earned including any pending cashback (in the last 90 days and total) as long as Retailer Offers is available to you. You won’t be able to view your Retailer Offers cashback earnings in Online and Mobile Banking once the service is switched off from 17 November 2022. However, any cashback payments from Retailer Offers will appear on your transaction history and statement as they do today.

Will I automatically get access to Santander Boosts?

No, if you want to use our new rewards service, you’ll need to register for it. It’s free and easy to register for Santander Boosts and means you’ll still have the option to earn cashback and have access to other offers. Eligibility and other Terms and Conditions apply.

When will I be able to register for Santander Boosts?

You’ll be able to register for Santander Boosts in Online and Mobile Banking when it becomes available. More information about Santander Boosts, eligibility and how to register will be availale on our website soon.

1 Like

I wonder how this will affect me. I have a current account, but no cards.

You probably won’t be able to register unless/until you get yourself a card again.

I imagine the registration form will need part of your card number, or something like that, to verify it’s really you registering.

1 Like

That’s a shame, I’ve managed to get £100s out of this, a least twice I got payments for simply changing my (existing) Now TV Broadband payment to my Santander debit card for a couple of months, then back again!

2 Likes

The “Boosts” are absolutely terrible. They require you - in the main - to register with the company concerned for an online account (and delivery) then you get something like 0.85% cashback. Very few high street retailers with instant cashbacks.

For the rest, they have a weird and wonderful collection of obscure firms that you may use once in every Preston Guild.

The fact they closed the previous retail offers so abruptly tells me something was rotten in the state of Denmark. They are now plugging the new “Santander Edge” account via the Boosts angle.

1 Like

I thought the offers were pretty meh too tbf.

Nothing to inspire me to use my Santander card for day-to-day spending, over Chase and Algbra.

1 Like

You don’t even need to use you Santander card for most of them. As far as I can see it’s somewhere between TopCashback and VoucherCodes in terms of functionality.