Savings accounts recommendations

Email from Moneybox

Good news! The rate on your Simple Saver account (powered by Shawbrook Bank) has increased from 0.74% to 1.40% AER variable.* The rate is increasing from today.

The only way is up :grin:

1 Like

Pretty good - shame it’s not available to all though. Could switch an account over to them I suppose…

It is open to everyone. You don’t have to switch to Virgin; just open an M Plus current account with them.

To clarify - I meant I wish you could open the Savings account without a Current Account. As I’d have no need for one with Virgin presently.

Well the M Plus current account pays more interest than the savings account on up to £1000, so you could just use it as a savings account. That’s what I do, I don’t use it for anything else

1 Like

True - or I could replace the joint account which usually has at least £500 in it. The switch would get you some vouchers as well? Food for thought.

I did the same, but it looks like Zopa has applied their increases to existing boosted pots, so no need for this after all

1 Like

I did with one but not the other - can always put it back in the same day. It’s pretty seamless - I have no reason so save elsewhere atm apart from a few hundred for absolute IA.

Edit: I’ve seen you can cancel notice?

Yes! I’m pretty impressed by Zopa, tbh. It’s very slick

1 Like

Just moving remaining funds from Marcus to Zopa thanks

5 Likes

Atom have now joined Chase at 1.50% AER on their Instant Saver.

Lagging behind now though.

1 Like

‘Fraid so…

Tesco Bank have slid beyond Chase with 1.58 on their internet Saver

1 Like

I still have the 1.26% one as only £20-summat in there, so not worth the move.

I send my £5 rewards from my Halifax there to hibernate :sleeping: :rofl:

Keeps them separate so makes it feel worth it at the end of the year :smile:

Chip is launching something similar to premium bonds next week.

They’ve forgotten to mention PB are tax-free whereas 10k in your pocket would put you in problems.

Just looking at their new fees as well. Not very reassuring for their future! :grimacing:

ChipX to increase from £3 to £5.99 per month.

£0.25 fee per recurring save.

Up to £0.45 per auto save.

Two free withdrawals per month. £1 per withdrawal after that.

I’m out! :joy:

3 Likes

Feels a bit like a swing & a miss by Chip. Always known for doing it differently, I really don’t see the attraction. The investment platform seems rather random, too.

But hey, good luck with it. :relieved:

Yeah, I’ll pass. Had my first Zopa boost pot open today. In light of current situation, reboosted for another 31 days and gave notice today.

13 Sep, I’ll re-evaluate again. Don’t see anyone providing 2% easy access between now and then, and tbh 1.95% will do for me for funds being held purely for a decent 1 year fix