Screen sharing scams on the rise

As per the title:

Not something I would ever personally engage in, but clearly, there are people out there who just throw caution and their entire life savings out of the window.

3 Likes

I think “tricked out of” is a little different from “throw away”. R-

3 Likes

Well we’ll have to agree to disagree on this. In my book, anyone savvy enough to be able to sit down and converse happily away on a computer and then to get into conversations online with people claiming to be ‘experts’ in investments ought to know to perhaps steer clear of allowing people to just take control of their computer screens. Too many people acting ‘dumb’ or claiming blissful ignorance when they know in their own heads from countless warnings of scams here and scams there. I just find it incredibly difficult to feel sorry for folks who just cannot step back and think, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is. The problem is, the greed head just clamps itself on when they hear they can make X amount of money, only to later watch their hard earned savings being spent by some piece of scum riding around on a jet ski in Panama.

1 Like

Then disagree we will. Throw away is a whole degree of intent distant from being tricked. The degree of trickery is fooling tech savvy folk and whether you feel sorry for them is immaterial. Incidentally, I had no idea the money went on a ski jet. R-

3 Likes

I reckon you’re underrating the skills of scammers. The most vulnerable won’t have a clue and ignorant many surely are.

It’s not about feeling sorry for them. For me, it’s about recognising they’re easy pickings - no clue about fintech and certainly not savvy enough to see clever scammers coming.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.