Starling Business Account

For those that have a Starling Business account can you confirm if your list of Payees is separate from your personal account ones.

My Payees on personal sit across my Euro, Personal and Joint accounts.

I would assume they are separate as I would not want any business ones mixed in but thought I would just check

Thanks in advance

Yep, they’re all separate :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Interesting that payees sit across Personal and Joint. No secrets from the other half.

2 Likes

Sorry my bad. They sit across Euro and Personal (just checked :crazy_face:)

This makes sense as they are both personal accounts.

Thank you for confirming Matthew

2 Likes

Would like to mention I’m impressed with how easy Starling made it to open my account. Tide was a lot more hostile and point-blank refused me because I didn’t have a signed contract with a supplier/client.

Wild that they want a business customer who already has a business, rather than is trying to start trading. Glad to see Starling is more accomodating.

3 Likes

Also, does anyone know what you’d do if your business changed significantly in nature? For example, I’m just using this as a sole trader account to provide SaaS in X sector, but I’m very open to pivoting if it isn’t working out to something rather different

Would I have to reopen or is it something I could message Starling to change? ESP considering that the trading as thing is there

Really? I applied for a business account with them with a brand new business with no questions asked.

Just noticed I’m replying to a year old thread. :rofl:

Yes, I have not went back to ask Tide; granted I was signing as a sole trader (not a limited company).

Ah I did it as a LTD

Will soon be doing such a thing myself, probably

1 Like