Starling - general thread

More app icons available :eyes:

Starling have increased cheque limits from £500 to £1000. A much needed increase I think.

You can now deposit cheques of up to £1,000 in the app - that’s an increase of £500. Plus, instead of limiting the number of cheques you can deposit each week, we’ve introduced a new daily limit of £2,000 for personal, joint and sole trader accounts and £5,000 for business accounts.

3 Likes

Reported by @Breezy on 28th Jun

Are Starling recycling ‘new’ features?

Ah I missed that. I got an email about it, I don’t think they send emails out as often so maybe one of those periodic what’s new things ?

This seems to have updated as well. At least I never had this option yesterday

3 Likes

Nice to have the extra flexibility on the Spending screen. You can now change the date periods to show your total spending over more than a single month, and tell it when a “month” starts etc.

However, it’s no longer easily possible to quickly jump from month to month to compare your spending between different months. I hope they rectify this, as I did that frequently.

2 Likes

I used that a lot to compare month to month… that’s annoying. I like that I can get a larger picture and see spending over the year for example. But I agree… not being able to easily flick between months will be annoying

1 Like

I’ve noticed what I consider to be a bug when changing all past and future transaction categories.

I have a payee set up for Halifax, with one account for mortgage overpayments, the other for payments to my credit card. They use different bank details and have different references on the payments. Now they’ve expanded the list of available categories, I set all my mortgage payments to the “Mortgage” category instead of “Home”. However, it also changed all my historic credit card payments.

They should have designed it to only update transactions related to the specific account, not every account linked to a payee.

1 Like

Interesting. I’d expect the same as you. Surely what you’d actually be doing in the background is updating that particular payee reference with the category (with each account classed as a different reference).

Not sure how it works in reality behind the scenes, but what you said is reasonable.

Have you raised it with Starling support? Curious to see what they’d say about that

1 Like

I will raise it - I manually changed all my historic transactions that were incorrectly recategorised (I’m a bit OCD like that!), but it would be nice if they’d fix it so I don’t hit the problem again.

More quality merchant info shenanighens from Starling.

Raw data shows transaction as LNER WEB SALES
“Friendly” merchant name shows as Virgin Trains
Merchant logo is for Avanti.

:man_facepalming:

1 Like
1 Like

Isn’t it a poorly written article? Presuming she’s talking about the BBLS which (isn’t?) a mortgage scheme (?)

Also to mention, we’ve no federal government. We are a unitary state.

1 Like

Week gone by in a blur? Now you can get a reminder of what’s been happening on your account over the last seven days.
Just head to the main menu and tap ‘Notification History’.

6 Likes

I’m failing to add Starling as either a bank account or debit card to PayPal (who report Starling details as invalid).

Is this a PayPal thing or Starling?

Your card isn’t frozen in app is it?

Double check card controls.

Just a thought.

1 Like

No, but in fact I eventually got it sorted by ringing PayPal (dreaded that, but the agent was utterly brilliant).

So Starling is now my linked account.

I didn’t get into the “why” with them - I was just anxious to get it sorted.

1 Like

I’ve had things like this with PayPal - unable to add or remove finding sources due to “pending payments” despite not using it for months.

It allowed me to remove my account though…not a PayPal fan

1 Like

Yes, I’ve had the perennial problem with removing accounts. On each occasion it needed a phone call and was fixed immediately.

I’m not a regular user but, as you know, they’re sometimes the tool of choice. But rarely, I’m glad to say. :flushed:

My Starling bank account and debit card(s) have been linked to PayPal for some time. I use them regularly. Sounds like something at PayPal’s end.

1 Like