Starling overdrafts

You’ll recall just how much effort and chat went into refining that very principle. You’d think it’d be writ large on Starling’s walls.

Disappointing. Suggests maybe a shift in the experience pool within CS?

1 Like

I can understand (sort of) someone getting the info wrong but that doesn’t explain the notification.

1 Like

Or the fact that two different screenshots on this thread have different text about when charges apply.

One has an overdraft and one doesn’t?

2 Likes

Aha didn’t clock that thanks.

Just received this notification before Bills Day (on the 2nd):

Looks like nothing is amiss with my offset balance.

2 Likes

That’s exactly the notification I usually get. For some reason I got a different one last time - presumably that’s what their “tech team” are looking at.

1 Like

Weird. I should have got one today (dipped into red), but nothing. I did get notifications for everything else though. I wonder if it’s actually a notification issue

Was it by much? Not sure of the amount, but if the charges are under a certain limit, you’re not charged

I think it normally tells you if you’re going below zero regardless, like when you have Goals that cover it.

The fact we’re having these conversations means Starling still have some work to do to clarify the feature. They probably won’t, assuming it’s job already done. Odd.

I was over by under £100.

Went properly into red today though and just got the “you may be charged fees message” - without the usual mention of enough funds in my spaces.

It depended how risky you were viewed by the bank.
If they thought you were ‘good’ for the funds then they would pay them.